Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Son discovers mother's prized necklace after tips from TWO psychics
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 6:08 PM on 20th October 2010

A son whose mother died in a motorbike crash 25 years ago has found her golden necklace at the scene of the tragedy - after being tipped off by two psychics.

Mother-of-three Angela Bishop, 42, was killed when the motorbike she was on with husband Michael, now 70, collided with a car in Cornwall in 1985.

The nurse's beloved necklace, which she wore every day, was never found until son Richard Bishop, 48, was inspired to search for it after meetings with the mediums.

Now Richard and his wife Paula claim they found the gold cross necklace at the site of the crash.

Richard and Paula Bishop hold the gold necklace belonging to his late mother, found at the scene of the motorbike crash that killed her 25 years ago. A chance meeting with a psychic spurred Mr Bishop to search for the crucifix, which he found in undergrowth

It was after scraping through undergrowth with a metal detector and using head torches that Richard made the discovery last week.

Builder Mr Bishop, who lives in Barwick, near Yeovil, said: 'I was a sceptic at the start, but now I am a believer. I would not have chosen to go through all of this emotion over the past few months. It has been tough and I never thought we would find it.

'When I shone my torch over the ground after digging away with a trowel and saw this bit of metal shine, I could not believe it.

'I know some people will not believe us and sometimes I cannot grasp everything that has happened. But mediums can help people and there is no way we would have even known this necklace was there without them'

'We gave each other a big hug and I ended up bursting into tears.'

His wife Paula, 44, was first told there was a 'lost' necklace that needed to be found during a private reading with Yeovil psychic Flo Essex, 80.

Paula visited Flo by chance, after a accompanying a friend who wanted to visit the medium after her mother died in 1997.

She was stunned when Flo began recounting the crash that had killed her mother-in-law and revealed Angela desperately wanted her cross necklace to be found.

Mother-of-three Paula returned home and told Richard about the reading - but they decided against going further then as it was too upsetting.

But in July this year, another psychic, Wendy Drayton, spoke to Paula at a group session and told her the name of the road - the A30 - and said an important necklace was lying there in a ditch.

Michael and Paula then had a private reading with Wendy, who gave further information about the crash and told them Angela was unhappy being buried in Cornwall as her family was from Somerset.

Paula said: ''We knew then that we had to find it. Wendy told us Angela wanted her necklace to be found and that it was lying at the scene of the crash.

'My father was ill at the time and she told me he was dying. She added that he had almost died the week before - there's no way she could have known.

'Wendy then told me that Michael and I should go and visit in three weeks,so we arranged a visit for then, which was the 9th of October.''

The couple decided to take Wendy with them on their three-hour trip to Cornwall to the crash scene on the A30, near Solways Garage, Marazanvose, near Redruth.

They had identified the spot through a newspaper cutting from the Cornish Gazette in Redruth library.

Before they arrived, Wendy told them there was a telegraph pole at the site - which tragic Angela had looked at as she lay dying on the road.

To the shock of Michael and Paula, there was indeed a pole at the site and Wendy was able to show them exactly where Angela was flung across the road.

Michael and Paula then began examining the verge - which is covered in ivy and trees - with head torches and trowels and Michael found the necklace buried in the undergrowth.

After finding the necklace, the couple took it to their original psychic Flo Essex, who told them Angela would soon appear to Richard in human form.

She also told them further details about the crash and described seeing Angela being forced into the air with the impact.

Richard, who has been with wife Paula for 17 years, said he still couldn't believe mediums had helped him find his mother's necklace after so long.

Mrs Essex, renowned in Yeovil for her charity work with husband Jim, said: 'My spiritual work is important to me and I am glad I could help. I am not quite sure what I have done, but the lady gave me a big hug after the session and left very happy.'

Paula Bishop added: 'I know some people will not believe us and sometimes I cannot grasp everything that has happened. But mediums can help people and there is no way we would have even known this necklace was there without them.'

The couple have placed the necklace over a picture of Angela, which they have at their home.

'We have put the necklace around her neck on a photograph of her so they are now finally reunited.'

Paula added: 'I never thought it was going to work, at every step things seemed to go wrong. It came as a complete surprise when I saw my husband with it in his hands.

'The process has been incredibly difficult for my husband and his father but they both feel like they have a bit of Angela back now.

'When we gave the chain to my father-in-law he was in complete shock, he couldn't believe it had been found after all these years.

'It was such a tragic accident, for her to die so young and as a mother, it is just awful.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z130rUvYfo