Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeshua ....The Man Known as Jesus
This may seem like nitpicking but does anyone know if there is a description from Duncan on the description of the Christ ?  The depiction in the book in which SS reportedly was to kill the Christ shows the Christ with long hair . This wouldn't have been correct for the time and laws.

Interesting, ive not heard that long hair was a no no back then. Was long hair only for women then? From memory i can only remember Roman statues of men with short hair.

William the traditional depictions of Christ with long hair come from @ the 16th century if I remember correctly. At that time men were wearing their hair longer. There are some very ,very ,veryyy old depictions of Christ in stone that show him with the short hair of the time .

There is a depiction on a stone tablet found in the Americas that is said to be of Christ. It does show Him with longer almost corn row braided hair. These stone tablets authenticity has been in question past and present but it is a fascinating subject. Below is a  site which has some info regarding the tablets and more!! Great links there.

http://ancientamerican.com/article26p3.htm

I remember awhile back ago the history channel had a show about Christ and they also said that their research shows that he had short hair.

FYI.......I refer to the Ancient American only as an interesting periodical. Entertaining. It is considered by some to be of a tabloid nature like the National Enquirer. One of the claimed holders of some of the stone tablets and other  ancient artifacts of America is reputed to be a con man by many. That, in and of itself ,is a curious story .  This person also reportedly duped people out of lots of money.

Just so you know.

I’ve been reading Ancient American for years and I’ve always found the articles interesting. I wouldn’t compare it to a tabloid.

Just my disclaimer Richard. I find the articles interesting too but know from experience that the artifacts field etc. is rife with con men and thieves. It muddies the field. During 80 plus years of farming my grandparents collected closets and closets full of artifacts. The land they farm is on an interesting local historical site but I didn't think it was of that much importance until the Smithsonian showed up and wanted my grandmother to donate the collection.She said no but agreed that they could come to the house and catalog some of it. Pieces still ended up missing. She loaned some of it for display at a local university and even more pieces disappeared. When I lived in Utah I was shocked at the lengths and degree some involved in the field would compromise themselves to make a $$.