Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The horse, the tree and programming.
two days ago i dreamt about unfolding a metalic purple horse then start riding it... Seems like i got a message from space :O

yes rob, that is true.

maybe you should put this in the dream section, and you might get some replies to help you understand such a dream.

Love that story about the Olympian...but it seems many things in life happen that way right? I think the whole idea is to learn our energy, figure out how it works and then detach from it after we learn the right autopilot instructions. haha

I see this often, and especially in the boxing industry, as you know cliff is involved in boxing, I see boys with unbelievable natural skill but lazy to train, then the boys that have so much drive and determination, yet they lack the natural rhythm and skill that is needed and it’s like OMGoodness! And can be sad because if the boy with the determination had the skill, he would be unbeatable…and as they say that’s life….

However this story should recognize the energy of programming, because will person live his life as winner by chance? Because if the other skaters did not fall he would have been last, or is it a gift for his pure persistence?

This all has to do with what I am initially talking about, but also when you want something and you get it, are you then disappointed?, because I know the damn Aries in me makes me like the chase and not the reward!

I should be more like that I know but the Pisces in me really waters the Aries things down. and I have started to learn how to make that Sag energy in my Moon work as well. I see the big picture...I give myself a couple options I can live with and I try to see the lesson in the situations where I feel I have lost, that way I can win by not making the same mistake twice.
In other words I try not to fly so high with the good times...I try to stay somewhere in the midde that way there are no emotional swings...you can't fall from a height you never soared too.
This applies to when lifes going well though...you know when you are just so happy you could burst....I try not to even get there...I am happy yes and enjoy the moment but I try to keep it in perspective ...and I notice in that moment finding away to be thankful helps too...gratitude I feel like helps me keep from getting to caught up in being happy or not being happy...keeps me from idealizing which makes any reward a good reward. you know?
Funny you should bring up the fact that we seem to always be missing that one thing that makes it work....I have noticed the same thing about drive not matching skill, I have worked hard to overcome my weaknesses....It so tough Karen to see yourself for who really are constantly but thats the only way to balance out those flaws....I guess thats where programming works so well it totally messes up the system of lesson learning that incarnating was designed for and traps us as it were always repeating the same lessons in life...like a word skipping on a record.....

On page 54 in the July 1958 Scientific American, in the article "Profile of Creativity," there is the following apt comparison:
The creative scientist analyzes a problem slowly and carefully, then proceeds rapidly with a solution. The less creative man is apt to flounder in disorganized attempts to get a quick answer. Indeed he is! How often have we seen our answer-grabbers get into trouble. The fact is that problems and answers are simply different ways of looking at a relationship, a structure, an order. A problem is a picture with a piece missing; the answer is the missing piece. The children who take time to see, and feel, and grip the problem, soon find that the answer is there. The ones who get in trouble are the ones who see a problem as an order to start running at top speed from a given starting point, in an unknown direction, to an unknown destination. They dash after the answer before they have considered the problem. What's their big hurry?

Here are Elaine, the answer-grabber, and Barbara, the thinker, at work on the problem 3/4 + 2/5 = ?

Elaine (adding tops and bottoms, as is her usual custom): Why not 5/9?

Barbara: 5/9 is less than 3/4. She saw that since 2/5 was added to 3/4, the answer would have to be bigger than 3/4; so 5/9 could not be it. But this went right over Elaine's head.

Elaine: Where's the 3/4?
Barbara: In the problem!

Yet I doubt that any amount of explaining could have made Elaine understand what Barbara was saying, far less enable her to do the same kind of thinking for herself.

The poor thinker dashes madly after an answer; the good thinker takes his time and looks at the problem. Is the difference merely a matter of a skill in thought, a technique which, with ingenuity and luck, we might teach and train into children? I'm afraid not. The good thinker can take his time because he can tolerate uncertainty, he can stand not knowing. The poor thinker can't stand not knowing; it drives him crazy.

This cannot be completely explained by the fear of being wrong. No doubt this fear puts, say, Monica under heavy pressure; but Hal is under the same pressure, and maybe I am as well. Monica is not alone in wanting to be right and fearing to be wrong. What is involved here is another insecurity, the insecurity of not having any answer to a problem. Monica wants the right answer, yes; but what she wants, first of all, is an answer, any old answer, and she will do almost anything to get some kind of answer. Once she gets it, a large part of the pressure is off. Rachel was like this; so was Gerald, and many others. They can't stand a problem without a solution, even if they know that their solution will probably be wrong. This panicky search for certainty, this inability to tolerate unanswered questions and unsolved problems seems to lie at the heart of many problems of intelligence. But what causes it?

Some might say here that this is all a matter for the psychiatrists. I am not so sure. A person might well be distrustful in personal relationships and still have a kind of intellectual confidence in the universe. Or is this possible? And if so, can it be taught in school?

I find this ineteresting also...a friend of mine was talking about children yesterday. Intelligent children that is... and the difference in them and other children. One thing we see in our intelligent children is that they are intensely involved with life. These children don't withdraw from life; they embrace it. We spoke once of a love affair with learning. These children seem to have a love affair with life. Think of the gusto with which a child tells a story about himself. Intelligent children act as if they thought the universe made some sense. They check their answers and their thoughts against common sense, while other children, not expecting answers to make sense, not knowing what is sense, see no point in checking, no way of checking. Yet the difference may go deeper than this. It seems as if what we call intelligent children feel that the universe can be trusted even when it does not seem to make any sense, that even when you don't understand it you can be fairly sure that it is not going to play dirty tricks on you. How close this is in spirit to the remark of Einstein's, "I cannot believe that God plays dice with the universe."

This has been a thought I have been contemplating a while. I would love to know if anyone has has an opinion on this...I do way to much research but this article has stuck with me for sometime so I thought I would share it. I personally over the past 2 years have struggled to learn to trust again...and I thnk its something we all have to do. Because at some point we all lose that unwavering trust in the Universe. And as adults in order to make it through the next 10 years..I feel like that trust is going to be all we have at times......

Do you think developing this trust now will help us get up when we fall AJ?
I find the points made in this Article real food for thought.

Yes ORBM, it is a very interesting article with many great points to the thinking and feeling mind theories, I have always believed in 3 types of intelligence, the one that school teaches which is more articulate, then what is taught in the street, which is more common sense, then there is the balance of two which is logic/perception/intelligence.

You can not teach experience, and all things in life need a balance of theory and practical, because words can not teach the understanding of doing, and doing can not teach the logistics of the knowledge written, why? Because theory is written usually by one person, so it does not cover the way we all think.

I don’t think we loose that unwavering trust in the universe, because it is not taught to us in the first place! So it’s really not about ‘regaining’ it, its actually finding it for the first time…

I was never raised on theories of how the universe works, and what’s funny is in high school, I had this teacher who would kick me out of the class for asking ‘stupid questions’ but those questions came from my inner search for universal knowledge, but he was brainwashed by the system, so his reply would always be that I was being a smart arse and disrupting the class, but in reality I was ahead of him with my search for connecting to the universe…

I think sometimes it is too much to develop trust in others, I believe you need to develop trust firstly in self then that assists you in climbing your mountains.