Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Ross Institute
Jacaranda Wrote:
Kittenmaxi Wrote:Here is a most interesting site:  http://www.rickross.com  

There is a wealth of information not just on cults, but on MLM's (Multi-Level Marketing), LGAT's (Large Group Awareness Training), New Religious Movements, Clergy & Therapy Abuse, Hate groups, etc. 
Speaking of Rick Ross, someone already posted a link to his website in 2008.

I agree with xanthas. Parallel to HCF we should also post on Rick Ross. This guy is an expert when it comes to fighting cults and sects. Let's add the Expansion Cult on their list!
Let's hope this is the year we will see some more posts on the Rick Ross Forum. I've been there on my own too long. And to be honest, I felt disheartened I was the only one. It took me quite a bit of getting over myself (!) to actually tell my story there.

I felt like the 'odd one'.

And, I think it would be good if the stories were much more complete...still...and naturally, only if that's manageable for those concerned.

Xanthas.and Sifter.and jacaranda .... I thank you for the re posts which brought me back to this thread. I just re read my post and re read the rick ross posts and realize my thoughts are very different now. Partly because I was still following SS at the time and am not now, therefore my thinking about him is clearer. Secondly, I can see that I have changed. My interpretation, especially after hearing from so many others on this forum, is that SS really did go after the emotionally troubled ones and trounced on them at a troubled time in their life.

He also went after some good stable people and somehow got through to them also but he certaily seems to know who he can target. I too, found him because I was looking for a "cure" for some physical issues that no one in the medical world could identify. He had no answers either however I got caught up in the conspiracy theories and sprititual and soul work.

I actually do not regret that part. It opened up my life to a new direction and was responsible for the work and research I did after that from other sources. He did not hurt me in any way like he did to so many others. During that time though, I did see him hurt others and that began to turn me off.

I feel I have changed in the last couple of years due to some trauma and, although I am doing really well now, I had to comment on my post from almost 3 yrs ago and say I do believe SS hurt you terribly Xanthas and my comment was insensitive.

Dear Blue Moon,
Thank you for your post. We all have changed - and, hopefully for the better.

And although you got off scot-free ;), I am glad you can see that he was not a very good influence on other people and, that my intention to post on the Rick Ross forum was as right then as it is now. I, too learned a tremendous amount due to my involvement with SS but the pain around it ... was what took a lot off of it in a good sense.