Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is deprogramming?
[user=14]Sariel[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Quote:Who expelled the Varangians? Christian Saxons and franck merchants?
Their fellow Vikings.

So the Swede Pagan vikings held the border to south denmark for two hundred years protecting scandinavia from an invasion of vikings? Sounds logical.

Or are you reffering to some prechristian stuff, with no sources.

Or do you just dont like the Varangians as an Caucasian mongol, because of the ties they haid with the Russ.

Diogenes Wrote:[user=14]Sariel[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Their fellow Vikings.

So the Swede Pagan vikings held the border to south denmark for two hundred years protecting scandinavia from an invasion of vikings? Sounds logical.

Or do you just dont like the Varangians as an Caucasian mongol, because of the ties they haid with the Russ.
I don't know what are you talking?

Varangians were criminals expelled by their communities. So, they organised themselves somewhere else.

Astrojewels Wrote:Yes frequency does enhance certain genetics, and is targeted at specific genetic lines, (what I am talking about is an energetic frequency) and every one of us has a percentage of reptilian genetics, and thoughts of destruction do not just come from the reptilian nature within the human vehicle.  That can only be compared to being in a religious mind set and all bad actions are sourced from the devil, we all have the genetics of the reptilian but are we all evil?

Nicely put and very true AJ.

I have been doing alot of meditating lately...and with my most recent one came this "download" as it were....

It was that perfection is the ablity to percieve both right and wrong and chose to do right.

So perhaps there is not evil at all. Only an inability to make the right decision due to ignorance....because ignorant people have no hopes or dreams.......again i go back to the Neverending story....what G'mork said to Atreyu.....people with no hopes and dreams are easy to control.

Sariel Wrote:
Diogenes Wrote:[user=14]Sariel[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Their fellow Vikings.

I don't know what are you talking?

Varangians were criminals expelled by their communities. So, they organised themselves somewhere else.
According to any sources in scandinavia, they were expelled by the christians(or the pagans in times were the pagans won). Not because of they were criminals, but because they lost the war for scandinavia.

Or not Varangians in general, but all pagan vikings. There were also Varangians on the christian side as mercenaries(later on), and other Viking tribes joining them as mercenaries(The Varangian guard). Them I could call criminals.

Not the ones that pirated on christian setlements.

Another thing, the Term "Varangian" is mostly used for the Swedes.  Especially the southern Swedes.

The part of the swedes helding south denmark I was mentioning, is where the Varangians invaded a town called Jelling(dont quote me on this, I am not entirily sure, but i think that King Gnupa was the last of that lineage), and held it for almost two centuries, to hold the border of entire scandinavia, and to stop the invasion of the christians.
When they fell, Denmark was again thrown in to a civil war, between different Viking chieftans for the control and power of the country.

The civil war(before the invasion of the swedes), was where Rurik and his brothers lose, and was kicked to Novgorod.(And yes there is Danish references for Rurik, as a son of a Danish Chieftan from Jutland, and no, this is not even the first civil war).

Another thing.

At that time there were constantly civil wars in scandinavia(mostly Denmark, cause of the emtiness in power that country suffer thru, cause of constant invasion of the brittish island), and the winner expelled the loser everytime, and it dosnt mather if the winning side was christian or pagan. You expell you enemy.

Here is were the Slavs at that time were plain stupid, they didnt expel the christian traitors, if they came from the rulling families.

If you define every time some viking being expelled as an Varangian, then i could easy say, that you have no clue at all about Scandinavian history.

Another thing, they didnt call them selfes Varangians but Sveonians(Sveoner) Swedes.

And yes the Saxons and Francks did have heavy influence on ruining the original Scandinavian culture.