Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Intuition
Intuition

The word Intuition seems to have comfortably accompanied us through the new millennium, a word that is so often misinterpreted.

Clairvoyance and Intuition are not the same.

Every person, animal and plant has intuition, each species having different levels.

Intuition is a sense and not a gift given to the chosen few, it is your sixth sense and is habitually labeled abstract or a hunch. Each individuals level of intuition is measured by their awareness to the multi-sensory subsistence. Those who deny their sixth sense depend solely on proof or material evidence, and believe everything that they see, hear, touch

When you are born, all six senses are receptive, you depend on them to communicate and survive. Some people are born without certain physical senses, although they may be deaf or blind, this missing sense creates another to heighten. E.g. a blind person will hear or smell better than average. Intuition plays a major role with infancy up through childhood. During this time, your logic is on a non-physical level. Children are extremely grounded, although they seem naive and depend on an adult for direction, they are very balanced, their chakra system has a constant flow of vertical energy and usually the lower chakras dominate. This is why they love unconditionally and forgive without difficulty.

Your intuition seems unimportant as society begins to influence your thoughts (school), you no longer rely on your insight, you are told dont cry, dont fear, grow up, etc and you start to begin to trust material proof. Can you loose your intuition? No. Can it be taken? No. Can it become underdeveloped? Yes. Your childhood environment has great importance to the level of your intuition.

Intuition is your beacon for awareness, it provides fear, excitement and caution. It is like adrenaline to your human body, you feel its presence with fear -your body quivers. Excitement you are jumping out of your skin and Caution warnings to avoid particular situations. It is also the connection to the child-within; playing makes you feel youthful and alive. Your personality becomes unemotional, non-empathic and serious when your intuition is ignored.

Intuition is the the silent voice; some call it Their guide or guardian angel; it shadows your life-stream and directs you to the needs of here and now. It is your instinct, the internal knowledge that you have never been taught, you just know it.

Those with Cancer, Pisces and Virgo in their charts generally have a heightened perception to their intuition. However anyone can intensify the ability of their own intuition. It begins with YOU; you are the only one with the authority. All you need is trust and honesty (of yourself), keep emotions clear and balanced, and do not allow negativity to cloud your projection of energy.

Great post Karen.

Karen,
Thanks for this post.  Very interesting, and pertains to a question I have been knocking around recently. 

If one is working on releasing a victim mentality,  does one get information/intuition to avoid situations or does one not have situations that need avoiding when one has been successful?  Should one heed intuition if it is of a warning slant or try to have victory over it as a projection of fear? 

Yesterday I headed out to paint at a new place.  I had done my usual hyperspace/protection/release due dilligence.  I kept getting bombarded with feelings that something bad was going to happen to me.  I brown "x'd" the images recentered, but every few minutes that sense of dread would kick in again. 

I got to the park I wanted to explore and no one is there.  The parking lot is deserted.  Normally I would have thought,  "Fantastic!  No one is here",  because I can be antisocial that way sometimes :big grin:.  Yesterday though it filled me with a sense of foreboding.  After making two false starts (lame things like changing shoes then moving where the car was parked) I headed out a third time and at the trail head looked back at the car.  I was overcome with such an awful feeling that I "logically" decided that discretion was the better part of valor and I should listen to the feelings.

I figured that even if it was a failure on my part to release "victimization", that might actually create a situation I should avoid until I got a grip so to speak.
Well, all that got me thinking about intuition, what it's role is, whether it is valid or a diversionary tactic to keep us from what we need to do...and then my head started to hurt icon_headbash because I kept getting all "yes" answers.

You are not a because you avoided a situation, I consider that to be very smart. This world has many people that are full of anger and hate and violate others to release their energy. You are a Cancerian and this establishes a very sensitive energy field, every place, person or interaction you participate with, you become that, and the most difficult thing for any Cancerian is a life time of trying to translate that understanding of energy.

You are an artist, this is the creative projection for your soul personality, this also provides a to how you are constructing your own method of deprogramming. If a situation does not feel right, go with that, putting yourself in danger does not overcome victim mentality, it will increase it because you will have to deal with the events of that situation. I am not saying to run from everything either, you just need to logically balance and trust your own guidance to what situations are designed for your soul-personality. Your avatar has changed, you have a wolf-sheep, clouded visual and is that a broken Ankh? Am I translating this incorrectly? I apologize if I am, but please explain what this means to you at this time.

There is a need to establish which techniques work for you personally, you may be feeling overwhelmed because some of these techniques are not suited, maybe work on one at a time, and write down how each week has created change. You are doing release work each time you participate in your art form, because you are creatively expressing any problems you may have internally, therefore give praise to yourself each day for your unique talent.

My conception of intuition is the ability to listen to the messages coming from your Oversoul (at meditation, ideas, flashes of insights).

Does this fit ?

Karen,
Thanks for the insight.  I appreciate it.  I do tend to have a personality trait that loathes to reverse when in the line of danger.  I am the one who would say "So what if there is 20 of them, I can take them!" Rolleyes  I do have to watch that mind pattern.  Sometimes leaving when I get that sort of intuitive feeling feels like retreat to me.  Hopefully experience has finally taught me that charging ahead is not the prudent thing to do, evidenced by my leaving the park instead of charging in anyway.

As to the avatar I changed it to the original way I created it.  Some of the cloudiess was because I did a high pass filter at the last minute, and it may be easier to make out the parts now.  Sometimes larger works don't size down too well either, and become too busy on the eye.  The animals along the side and bottom are wolf, dophin (a.k.a. "notasheep" icon_lol...j/k sorry I couldn't resist.  It DOES look like one though, for real.  I didn't notice before.), lion, octupus, and whale (just the tail though at the very bottom).  Then a ladder for DNA and the transforming ankh.  The symbolism was transmutation/transformation.  But the cloudiness is appropriate because I guess I don't really know what to expect.

Also I have heard some say that it really doesn't matter what the artist/writer meant to say but what the work itself actually says to the audience. 

Octahedron,

This is true what you say, but Oversoul is the whole and intuition is more about you, intuition is about this life-stream and the events of here and now but Oversoul is about all life-streams that you will/have experienced. Usually it is intuition that directs you to oversoul, therefore they do work together but create/ require individual understanding.

Haven,

That is not unusual what you say about your Cancerian nature to take em all on, this usually happens with those born closer to Leo. Thank you for clarifying my mistake, silly me! It is true that one piece can represent many translations. My oldest daughter is a clever artist, each piece speaks volumes, that is what I love about art, strong statements without words.

Astrojewels,

Thanks for the answer; I understand what you mean; You gave me the right words;

"the ability to listen" to the Oversoul is something individual; and the experience and knowledge learned in an individual lifetime also is connected to my concept of "intuition" of a person.  So, developing our personal intuition partly is an individual responsiblity.

Yes, perfect translation.