Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expansions.com exposed
Thanks, Richard. Yes, it's strange, I've never posted anything on that forum, never been a member either.
I would think too it's some kind of an error. This is the message I get on the screen:

SORRY - YOUR IP ADDRESS (*my IP address here*) HAS BEEN BANNED FROM VIEWING THIS WEBSITE 

If you have an upgraded account you are immune to bans while logged in. Please log in now to browse the site. 
If you have a free account you may also log in now and upgrade your account to get immunity from bans.
If you still don't have an account you may create an account now and then upgrade it to get past bans (and get access to other exclusive features). 

Thank you for not stalking!

WARNING: Obsessive Compulsive IP resetting with the intention of avoiding bans on this website
and harass our users will result in your ISP being contacted and loss of your Internet service for abuse.

We sometimes have to ban entire ISPs because of attacks on this website... 

If you have been inadvertently caught up in one of these bans please accept our apologies.
Please fill out the form below and we will look into it as soon as possible. 

If you need help you can email [email protected] but filling out the form is likely to get your request looked at faster. 

"WARNING: Obsessive Compulsive IP resetting with the intention of avoiding bans on this website
and harass our users will result in your ISP being contacted and loss of your Internet service for abuse".

Say what? GLP has admitted it has the power to terminate your internet service?
Niiiiiihce connections they have - lol!

(03-30-2014, 04:46 PM)Filter Wrote: We sometimes have to ban entire ISPs because of attacks on this website...

I think this might be the case. Someone that uses the same ISP that you do got banned. They do that because if you are connecting to their site with DSL or a cell phone your IP address will keep changing, so in order to keep those people off the site you have to block a entire range of IP addresses that a particular ISP uses. It's a desperate thing to do because it hurts a lot of innocent people that use the same ISP.

Who would want to attack THEIR shill-website when they're already backed by "the machine"? rofl! Tongue

It's like Jesse Ventura ('second netter' goal-keeper) complaining about having to sneak around to reveal this info. when he's being "allowed" to.

Lots of people get mad at the moderators and decide to attack the site.