Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Post a Screen Shot
Decide how you're going to take the screenshots. You can take screenshots using software that's already on your computer, or you can download a program (some are free, some aren't). Programs are usually good in that they make it easier to point to or highlight certain parts of the screenshot. For example Screenshot will allow you to take a screenshot and upload it with single click. For now, though, let's start with taking screenshots without a program

1. Locate the item on the screen that you wish to post on the forum. If you have to scroll to the bottom of the item you may need to do more than one screen shot. Treat it as if it were two or more pages.

2. Press the "Print Screen" key found in the upper right section of most keyboards. When you press this key, your computer copies whatever is on your screen.

3. Paste the screen shot. Go to "Start." Click on "Programs." Pick "Accessories." Click on "MSPaint." Now go to the "Edit" toolbar and choose "Paste." This puts the copied screen shot on the screen in MSPaint.

4. Adjust the size of the image to no wider than 600 pixels. Go to "Image" and choose "Stretch/Skew" to make the adjustment. Save the image on your desktop with a jpg extension.

5. Upload the image to the forum or a remote server. If you have your own server you can use it or there are free services that allow you to upload your jpg files. Once you upload the file, make a note of its URL.

6. Go to the forum and start your post. When you are ready to insert the image click on the "Add Attachment" button. Correctly enter the URL of the uploaded screen shot image.

7. Preview your post to make sure the screenshot is correct. If it's not, double-check the URL. If it's correct, click "Submit."

Cool, thanks

Yes, thank you for that.

Gawd..I still cant post screenshots and dont know why..I will keep trying..I have done all of the above and still no luck..I have followed the steps but no luck..any other suggestions or help would be appreciated!

Use the Screenshot software. It's a lot easier.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)