Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Curious Illuminati Advert
This week it has come to my attention from a work colleague of mine of a small black and white advert of the all seeing eye in the advertisement section of both The London Metro and The London Evening Standard. Underneath the all seeing eye image, it has the following web address:

http://www.illuminati.uk.com/

Within this website it takes you to an additional site called http://www.isohm.org/ which tells you more information but is basically advertising their occult book 'In Search of the Hidden Masters'. On first impressions I thought that it was simply a cash in on conspiracy theorists and new agers, which is obvious however I did further online investigation and discovered that the anonymous authors known as 'He and She' also own another website selling the same book and other hermetic books here: http://www.ancientmysteryteachings.org/ and another website called http://www.mystery-teachings.org/

This isn't a surprise, if it wasn't for the fact that they are admitting that the authors are members of a secret order and that if you choose to after reading 'In search of the hidden masters' you can request a copy of the order's manifesto and a no-obligation application form for possibly acceptance into this secret society. I checked the address in google maps street view that it tells you to send it to, and curiously the building is in between a contact lens seller the Optometrist and Moorfields Eye Hospital and is a mail forwarding place adding to the mystery of who these people are. Is it a coincidence that the secret society which uses the all seeing eye they chose this location to have mail sent to, in between these two eye clinics?

I don't advise anyone to apply for membership as it could very well be a con, it is suspicious that they would outwardly advertise themselves as the illuminati in the metro, a free public newspaper, but then they could be genuine.

What do you guys make of this? Is this a hoax? Is this secret order a testing ground which the illuminati use to choose it's lower level members?

(12-16-2012, 06:00 PM)truthseekerjohn Wrote: This week it has come to my attention from a work colleague of mine of a small black and white advert of the all seeing eye in the advertisement section of both The London Metro and The London Evening Standard. Underneath the all seeing eye image, it has the following web address:

Within this website it takes you to an additional site called http://www.isohm.org/ which tells you more information but is basically advertising their occult book 'In Search of the Hidden Masters'. On first impressions I thought that it was simply a cash in on conspiracy theorists and new agers, which is obvious however I did further online investigation and discovered that the anonymous authors known as 'He and She' also own another website selling the same book and other hermetic books here: http://www.ancientmysteryteachings.org/ and another website called http://www.mystery-teachings.org/

This isn't a surprise, if it wasn't for the fact that they are admitting that the authors are members of a secret order and that if you choose to after reading 'In search of the hidden masters' you can request a copy of the order's manifesto and a no-obligation application form for possibly acceptance into this secret society. I checked the address in google maps street view that it tells you to send it to, and curiously the building is in between a contact lens seller the Optometrist and Moorfields Eye Hospital and is a mail forwarding place adding to the mystery of who these people are. Is it a coincidence that the secret society which uses the all seeing eye they chose this location to have mail sent to, in between these two eye clinics?

I don't advise anyone to apply for membership as it could very well be a con, it is suspicious that they would outwardly advertise themselves as the illuminati in the metro, a free public newspaper, but then they could be genuine.

What do you guys make of this? Is this a hoax? Is this secret order a testing ground which the illuminati use to choose it's lower level members?

I know this is a few years old but I ended up on this page searching the Internet to see if there have been any reviews or comments of this mysterious Ancient Mystery School correspondence training.

I ended up on the one site above during my search of various books from the web site http://www.occult-mysteries.org

I have a very skeptical nature have going down several New Age rabbit holes.  So I've learned to do a little investigation on the Internet before jumping.  I can not find any thing other than what was stated in the OP about a mail relay.

One one hand I have red flags going off about 'scam', 'cult' even though these websites state otherwise.

On the other hand, what if it is true and they are passing down such information to worthy candidates?  The Internet would be a good way to recruit people from all over and then distribute weekly via snail mail.

I had to contact them twice to get a reply but the person replying only seemed like a middleman.  See below:

Thank you for your further enquiry.

The reason you cannot find any reviews for the website is that it is an advertisement for the teachings of the SECRET Order whose work it describes and promotes.

This is the same reason you cannot find any reviews about the address, which is simply a mail forwarding service to receive postal requests for the Order's manifesto.

Your first question is answered on the website:  "We would like to make it absolutely clear that all members are entirely free to leave the Order at ANY time, without repercussions of ANY sort."

As for your further questions, we would hope that if you have read all the website with care, you will recognise the sincerity of the claims made and see that they do no conflict in any way with the highest ethics and morality.

We would further point out that we have made FOUR books freely available at NO COST, which is hardly the act of an organisation that is either after your money or your mind!

As for the rest, if the language used and the principles discussed on the website do not touch your heart, then there is little point in you enquiring further. However, SHOULD you wish to do so, then send off for the Order's Manifesto by post. It will cost you NOTHING. For again, as we say on the website:

"Applicants who unfortunately are not selected will have their postage costs refunded in full."

With our kindest regards and very best wishes,

Does anyone have any thoughts, comments, suggestions on this topic?

Thanks.

Ecto

(04-24-2015, 12:53 PM)ectoplasma Wrote:
(12-16-2012, 06:00 PM)truthseekerjohn Wrote: This week it has come to my attention from a work colleague of mine of a small black and white advert of the all seeing eye in the advertisement section of both The London Metro and The London Evening Standard. Underneath the all seeing eye image, it has the following web address:

I know this is a few years old but I ended up on this page searching the Internet to see if there have been any reviews or comments of this mysterious Ancient Mystery School correspondence training.

I ended up on the one site above during my search of various books from the web site [/url][url=http://www.occult-mysteries.org]http://www.occult-mysteries.org

I have a very skeptical nature have going down several New Age rabbit holes.  So I've learned to do a little investigation on the Internet before jumping.  I can not find any thing other than what was stated in the OP about a mail relay.

One one hand I have red flags going off about 'scam', 'cult' even though these websites state otherwise.

On the other hand, what if it is true and they are passing down such information to worthy candidates?  The Internet would be a good way to recruit people from all over and then distribute weekly via snail mail.

I had to contact them twice to get a reply but the person replying only seemed like a middleman.  See below:

Thank you for your further enquiry.

The reason you cannot find any reviews for the website is that it is an advertisement for the teachings of the SECRET Order whose work it describes and promotes.

This is the same reason you cannot find any reviews about the address, which is simply a mail forwarding service to receive postal requests for the Order's manifesto.

Your first question is answered on the website:  "We would like to make it absolutely clear that all members are entirely free to leave the Order at ANY time, without repercussions of ANY sort."

As for your further questions, we would hope that if you have read all the website with care, you will recognise the sincerity of the claims made and see that they do no conflict in any way with the highest ethics and morality.

We would further point out that we have made FOUR books freely available at NO COST, which is hardly the act of an organisation that is either after your money or your mind!

As for the rest, if the language used and the principles discussed on the website do not touch your heart, then there is little point in you enquiring further. However, SHOULD you wish to do so, then send off for the Order's Manifesto by post. It will cost you NOTHING. For again, as we say on the website:

"Applicants who unfortunately are not selected will have their postage costs refunded in full."

With our kindest regards and very best wishes,

Does anyone have any thoughts, comments, suggestions on this topic?

Thanks.

Ecto

Hello Truthseekerjohn and Ectoplasma,
I'm asking the same questions as you two and couldn't find anything online except for the multiple sites which all say the same thing.
I came across a full page advertisement for these guys in Nexus magazine and bought the cheap version of "In search of the Hidden Masters" direct from "He and She". What I thought of it's contents and style isn't important.  I viewed the short Manifesto and application form online.
The Manifesto is the Manifesto and it is very clear of what is expected and what will be delivered or not delivered: no promises or guarantees. Looked at the application form and instantly decided not to proceed any further. They want to know gender (what's that got to do with any three year correspondence course?), if I am a medium, place of birth, date of birth ( OK they might want to do a bit of astrology stuff) , a 6 x 4 inch picture of the applicant's face; a cash payment of £70 per quarter (fair enough) plus an unspecified donation. They ask that the payment be in cash or a cheque left uncrossed with the payee left blank!!! I don't need to be a medium to know that something doesn't feel comfortable in that respect.  

There is very much emphasis on anonymity in everything that the OOHM talk about, yet they ask for so many personal details in return. I guess they may argue that I'm not ready or worthy. 
Free will is paramount and to their credit OOHM are very clear on that. It's just that the information they are asking and the method of payment they require are things that make me very uncomfortable indeed.          

Take care: it's a jungle out there. 

Regards

Hermes3

It is a jungle out there so truthseekerjohn, ectoplasma and hermes3 are quite sensible to be wary. But there's a difference between being sensibly wary and losing out on an opportunity by being too suspicious.

Then there is the question of the many loonies attracted to the occult. As a long-term member of a Hermetic fraternity (not the one mentioned above) and a freemason I can tell you from personal experience that many of the enquiries my order gets are from very damaged and manipulative people. Some have criminal records for violence, others are heavy drug users, or have serious mental health issues. Wouldn't you try to obtain as much information as you reasonably could from applicants in order to weed out those who might pose a threat to the organisation or its members? FWIW, my own order's application form runs to 10 pages!

As for cash payments, don't let Big Brother brainwash you into assuming that only crooks use cash. There are plenty of good reasons for preferring cash. For one thing, it saves on bank charges and who wants to willingly give more money to the banksters? For another, it preserves the anonymity of the payee and recipient, and in our increasingly surveillance-driven world, I don't see how that is necessarily a "red flag" or a bad thing?

"To Know, to Dare, to Will and to keep SILENT' has been the guiding light of every occult fraternity and magical order for hundreds of years. This group is not different to any other by insisting on secrecy.

£70 seems a pretty paltry amount to lose if this organisation's claims are fake and they are a bunch of shysters. I blew more than that taking the mother-in-law out to lunch on Sunday and did NOT get my money's worth!! Can I have a refund? No such luck. Personally, if I wasn't already pursuing a path that suits me perfectly, I would have risked my seventy quid, if only to find out what this organisation teaches.