Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Obsessive Debunking Disorder (ODD)?
I think a large amount of channeled information is crap and disinformation, but I think too that one has to be careful with dismissing ALL channeled information as such. 
Anyway, 'holy' information is difficult to find, but I think also information that is not perfect could contain some valuable information and insights.

This article might provide a few valid nuances on 'channeling': "Swerdlow controlled via satellite?"
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/swerdlow.htm

(05-20-2013, 11:12 AM)Filter Wrote: I found this article about this Thomas Sheridan.
http://www.sott.net/article/249840-From-...s-Sheridan

What does finding fault with the messenger have to do with the message? I thought this thread was about ODD and not Thomas.

(05-19-2013, 01:50 PM)millipodium Wrote: The funny thing about those with ODD.  They will argue with you for a while that there is no New World Order on it's way.  Then when you hit them with enough verifiable evidence, they immediately switch to defending it.  LOL.  They're arguments/minds  are just a series of fallback/retreat trenches; they seem to have no core.

LOL - When they say, "Well...that's because..." or justify it then you know you're dealing with Stockholm syndrome. Just think how threatening the truth is to people. It offends the ego, makes us feel insecure at the very least and is downright terrifying in its implications.

Richard, that's right...not ALL channelled info is BS.

Filter, good links! Welcome. Smile

(05-20-2013, 11:46 PM)Elizabeth Wrote:
(05-19-2013, 01:50 PM)millipodium Wrote: The funny thing about those with ODD.  They will argue with you for a while that there is no New World Order on it's way.  Then when you hit them with enough verifiable evidence, they immediately switch to defending it.  LOL.  They're arguments/minds  are just a series of fallback/retreat trenches; they seem to have no core.

When I hit people with the facts they usually start attacking with foul language. Most people don't want to change their beliefs, even you prove beyond a shadow of doubt that they're wrong. The only option they have left is to attack people instead of the message. Like for example saying things like all people who believe in aliens are fu*king idiots and so on.

"When drinking water,consider the source". That's an old proverb.

Consider the source (check them out) and verify the facts .Research and compare .

"Intuition" runs through filters of a multitude of biases.

."Intuition, which is part of our unconscious mind, can maintain biases which may substantially distort our perceptions of the world and the results of our goals. Common errors in intuition are typically over-optimism, pessimism, untested attitudes, superficial biases, wishful thinking etc."

Shanker Vedantam has written a book The Hidden Brain which describes how our unconscious minds elect presidents, control markets, wage wars and save lives. “Much of the book is about errors and biases caused by the hidden brain. The automatic conclusion is that bias is bad and we should do everything we can to rid the brain of unconscious thinking. That is partially true, but it is also true that the hidden brain can be our friend. It tells us how to navigate the world, it creates the foundation for our lives as social creatures, it enmeshes us in the web of relationships that makes life meaningful.” While the conscious brain is slow the subconscious sacrifices sophistication and accuracy to achieve speed. It applies simple rules to complex situations where they do not strictly apply, but where a speedy decision is essential.
In his new book, The Social Animal, David Brooks echoes Vedantam when he notes that “…conscious processes are nestled upon the unconscious ones….the two systems have to intertwine if a person is going to thrive.”

http://foresightimprovement.com/how-reli...intuition/

The source has nothing to do with the article. That's a common tactic people with ODD use. If they can't prove the article is incorrect they attack the source. Attacking the source isn't proving the article is wrong. Even habitual liars like the swerdlows tell the truth once in a while. Tell me what's not true with article and quit trying to prove you are somehow right by attacking the source.

What makes humans intelligent is also what leads to our confusion.   Namely, our ability to create and use abstractions is a double edged sword.  

Abstractions are easily manipulated to confuse us.  for instance, in a democratic government such as ours it is assumed that the actions of our leaders represent all americans.  But, in fact, our leaders do whatever they want, mostly, when elected, especially on the important and sometimes subtle issues.  But still, we are considered monolithic "Americans", individually responsible for the actions of our leadership.  many americans themselves feel compelled as well to defend the actions of our government, based on this leaky abstraction.

The only real abstraction is the group of "all individuals".    This is why the american bill of rights is considered such a hate document by the globalist fucksticks.

(05-21-2013, 06:05 PM)Richard Wrote: The source has nothing to do with the article. That's a common tactic people with ODD use. If they can't prove the article is incorrect they attack the source. Attacking the source isn't proving the article is wrong. Even habitual liars like the swerdlows tell the truth once in a while. Tell me what's not true with article and quit trying to prove you are somehow right by attacking the source.

First and foremost the Swerdlows were and are deliberately misleading at best.It's called spin in some circles.Manipulation in others and lies in most all.

Second here is the definition of "consider" and it's synonyms and antonyms.

consider [kuhn-sid-er] [/url]Show IPA/kənˈsɪdər/ [url=http://thesaurus.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html]Show Spelled
Part of Speech:
verb
Definition:
turn over in one's mind
Synonyms:
acknowledge, allow for, assent to, chew over, cogitate, concede, consult, contemplate, deal with, deliberate, dream of, envisage, examine, excogitate, favor, flirt with, grant, inspect, keep in mind, look at, meditate, mull over, muse, perpend, ponder, provide for, reason, reckon with, recognize, reflect, regard, revolve, ruminate, scan, scrutinize, see, see about, speculate, study, subscribe to, take into account, take under advisement, take up, think out, think over, toss around
Antonyms:
discard, dismiss, forget, ignore, neglect, reject

Contemplate with clearer comprehension before you attack and attempt to spin my intent for the audience.

You still haven't addressed the article. I know this article hits home for you because you have ODD. The only time you make a post is to debunk something. It's like you think you're the keeper of all knowledge. You haven't posted anything in  months until this article was posted and I knew when it was posted you would come out of the woodwork to try and debunk this article. So far you haven't debunked anything. All you keep doing is attacking the author. If Thomas said the sky is blue would you say he's wrong because he's been wrong about other things? You're just spinning your wheels MN and not proving anything except showing everyone you have ODD.