Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Obsessive Debunking Disorder (ODD)?
(05-20-2013, 11:22 PM)Richard Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 11:12 AM)Filter Wrote: I found this article about this Thomas Sheridan.
http://www.sott.net/article/249840-From-...s-Sheridan

What does finding fault with the messenger have to do with the message? I thought this thread was about ODD and not Thomas.

Richard, you are right. This article above from Thomas Sheridan about the numerous typical obsessive debunkers seems pretty good to me. 
I have noticed that some of those ODD's even start quite extensive and polished blogs and compose every day an article in which they pretend to debunk conspiracy theories and alternative view points. They seem to feel very good about that, and about themselves, of course. 
Anyway, I think in this world with its long history of deeply cultivated amnesia, such ODD reflexes can be expected, unfortunately. 
Btw, such obsessive debunkers are everywhere, I have been noticing, certainly also within the extensive ranks of alternative information. Amongst the several subgroups within the jungle of alternative information.
Nuance and subtlety, and also decent social abilities are largely absent with those ODD'ers. 

So, I absolutely agree with this quote from Thomas Sheridan on ODD people in general:  "So many of them seem to lack basic social and behavioural skills when ’debating’ with their ’kook’ of choice. Their absolutism can be staggering at times.

Probably true that much behind the here described ODD has to do with insecurity and fear on a deep level. It probably also touches Stockholm Syndrome, as mentioned above, and I would also add narcissistic tendencies to that.

I agree there are plenty of ODDers out there. I've dealt with a lot of them and to me it seems like they fear people who think differently than they do. They're not happy until they can get everyone to think like them. They're very closed minded and inflexible.

Also it's never failed but there is a secreted bias within the ODDer that's fairly easy to flush out - be it a religious filter/program running. This is held as the gold standard wherein all other information is compared.

The source for the inflexibility and absolutism revealed! While the rest of us mortals grope around in a "let's see what happens - I'll believe it when I f'n finally see it or when I cross over" state of mind" THE ODDer is surer of the (((((truth))))).

The part to remember is that trauma based mind control does a great job of producing ODD. Religious brain washing and programming does also. In fact, our off and on planet handlers would love nothing better than to see all of us succumb to such a mental disorder. 

(05-23-2013, 01:53 AM)Richard Wrote: You still haven't addressed the article. I know this article hits home for you because you have ODD. The only time you make a post is to debunk something. It's like you think you're the keeper of all knowledge. You haven't posted anything in  months until this article was posted and I knew when it was posted you would come out of the woodwork to try and debunk this article. So far you haven't debunked anything. All you keep doing is attacking the author. If Thomas said the sky is blue would you say he's wrong because he's been wrong about other things? You're just spinning your wheels MN and not proving anything except showing everyone you have ODD.

Yes, Richard I knew the article was bait .I know a tar baby when I see it. I even  wrote to a friend about that very thing.That post is dated .

IF I truly had ODD (lolz), I would  be here constantly debunking the pure  90% BUNKUM that is posted here .

That's not happened . I haven't posted here in sometime. Tongue

You use to be here constantly trying to debunk posts. A review of your posts proves that. It's rare for you to post a positive post. You quit posting when your partner in crime (goldenwingedsnakeoillion) left here on a tantrum. He was another person that has ODD and that's why you 2 clicked with each other. Remember you guys quit posting because you thought Elizabeth was a spy?

If 90% of the posts were bunkum, why would you spend 8 years posting here?

Remember all the members that left here because they hated dealing with your attacks on their threads?

An ODD'er often is a control freak as well, I suppose. Often accompanied with a repugnant haughty know-it-all attitude. 
It must also have something to do with the inner confusion and cognitive dissonance such ODDers probably experience on a deep inner level when they are confronted with certain information. 

Anyway, the thing I have learned is that it is wise and also polite to stay away from using a lot of absolutisms when you are dealing with and discussing conspiracy and other alternative type of matters. That type of information requires that. I think using enough nuance and subtlety often leads to much better results.

If there's one thing I'm learning from this truthseeking process it's...

...................................HUMILITY.................................

How can we be anything but humbled by the magnitude and implications of what we're finding? Also, how can we think we can actually be SURE that what we have discovered is IT!?

I've enjoyed reading MN's, PPs posts both and have learned a lot from them.  I enjoy this messy process called the HCF forum.

You care a great deal about this broken worldly situation, MN and that's what comes through to me. You also know a great deal and have a lot of experience. You're very discriminating, have high standards and are no fool.  It's true that there are many brilliant deceivers out there to be wary of.

Whereas I know my native tendency is to be too gullible and naive -- yours is to be too suspicious. If we take our own personal filters, biases and tendencies, personalities etc. into account then we stand the best chance of figuring this stuff out because IT'S WAR. We don't need to be shooting each other in the foot but to marshall our collective energies to understand what's happening.

IT'S GO TIME...CRUNCH TIME

MN you've got a lot to share and I hope you will continue to. There's a place for many different opinions here. We need a lot of opinions because no one has the time to figure it out themselves - plus that's no fun.

(05-25-2013, 12:34 AM)Richard Wrote: You use to be here constantly trying to debunk posts. A review of your posts proves that. It's rare for you to post a positive post. You quit posting when your partner in crime (goldenwingedsnakeoillion) left here on a tantrum. He was another person that has ODD and that's why you 2 clicked with each other. Remember you guys quit posting because you thought Elizabeth was a spy?

If 90% of the posts were bunkum, why would you spend 8 years posting here?

Remember all the members that left here because they hated dealing with your attacks on their threads?

Firstly, I ignored a lot of the bunkum .
 I didn't attack them . I challenged and questioned their info and then they attacked me.

No I didn't quit posting because GWSOL left. Though he had very good reason to leave  as you well know.
Apparently Richard, when you disagree with someone you reveal private info on them. You can't be trusted.

I have a life Richard. I have a large family.    A very busy life. After a physically debilitating issue was finally addressed I prioritized .

GWSOL and I were two of the very first to speak out about the Swerdlows.Initially we were both attacked for  that. That was my main purpose here .Them and many others like them that were being touted around here.

BTW.... GWSOL and I  don't agree on everything either.

FYI...About 2 years ago we welcomed our 3rd grandchild into the world. He's adorable . Thick red hair and beautiful blue eyes. A beautiful light in my life.

He's also Down Syndrome.  His parents both have to work as he had to have open heart surgery and there are medical bills.
 I care for him while they work and have been since he was born.

He's doing exceptionally well  by all accounts. But that doesn't just happen. It requires an incredible amount of attention and work.  

I have a home,gardens and livestock to maintain as well.

I'm not on disability and we don't hire others to do our work. 

I prioritized.

I'll print a copy of your post with your so thoroughly researched "dia-gnosis" and take it with me to my physician. However she will have to confer with or refer a psychiatrist as I don't have one.

Maybe the psychiatrist will have a remedy/meds!!! . OOOO, Perhaps I can claim disability;)

Ok. but western medicine is not to be trusted.

(05-28-2013, 04:48 PM)millipodium Wrote: Ok. but western medicine is not to be trusted.

My doc is a CAM doc. Has been for years.

Thanks for your concern.

BTW..It was "western medicine" that saved my grandson's life. Also I recall it was "western medicine" that saved the life of a little girl in Afghanistan who was shot in the head for wanting to attend school.