Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Scanner Darkly
http://wip.warnerbros.com/ascannerdarkly/

I went to see this film on July 8th and just now got time to sit and write about it Rolleyes.  It was pretty widely advertised here in the SF area and I was thinking I would probably see it.  When I found out that after all the heavy press it had "quietly" (almost covertly) opened in only select theaters around the country (read: hard to find, VERY far apart - in fact in yahoo reviews one person in Texas said it had only opened in one city in the whole state although I haven't verified that) well, it moved right to the top of my must see list.  I have no idea if it will get a wider release later but it doesn't look like it as far as I can tell.

This film is about mind control, and even has scenes involving programming.  Several times during the film I heard a very high pitched frequency that my husband did not notice. 

The movie shows how reality can be manipulated by technology and drugs to appear completely different individual to individual.  On the surface it seems to be a movie about a drug war, but the whole movie is really taking place behind the movie.  If you read various user reviews you will see that most people whether they loved it or hated it only got the plot as it was moved by the dialogue.  The dialogue was the least important thing happening in this film, for people who know how to watch it.  For example: the characters "know" something is wrong but are just unable to fit the pieces together because of impaired functioning.

If you can find it and decide to see it obviously go in prepared so you don't get triggered, but it is definitely a curious work.  :think:

Stewart saids that in the future the NWO will have the power to control each person's perception of reality unless you take control by practicing his alternate reality exercises in one of his DVDs. I have a feeling this is what he means.

Haven, I am in Davis of the Yolo County, and I don't have a car. Do you have any idea how I can go see the movie?

I am not really that familiar with your area, SI :(.  I saw that it is playing in 5 theaters around LA but I don't think any of them are near you.  I don't even know how L.A.'s public transit system is...maybe that is an option?  Even here where public transportation is pretty good only one of the theaters is convenient to it (and also right near U.C. Berkeley - no surprise).  Otherwise it will probably be available very soon at video stores and movie download sites, since they made sure it won't make any real money at theaters. 

Sorry I'm not more help.

(gee- I think I have been misspelling "convenient" my whole life lol)

lol. It's alright. Thanks though!

SilverInfinity Wrote:Stewart saids that in the future the NWO will have the power to control each person's perception of reality unless you take control by practicing his alternate reality exercises in one of his DVDs. I have a feeling this is what he means.

Haven, I am in Davis of the Yolo County, and I don't have a car. Do you have any idea how I can go see the movie?

This control of persons reality will be done through the microchips  I assume???

what do you think

SI

thanks

TS

I remember he said that this will be done via microchips and satellite transmissions. I think he's saying that schizophrenia will be more common, and people's minds will be all used at once to create different environments like even different dimensions by the push of a button. People will literally be confused about their own existence and what's real or not. If we take control of our awareness over alternate existences, then the Illuminati will not be able to take control of it for us.