Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An odd amount for bail
At least it seems odd to me.

Has anyone ever heard of bail being set for someone at $9,999,999.99?

I didn't think so.  I've never heard of such a thing either but this is Texas and maybe they do things differently down there.  The amount is a message for just me or my whole family since it involves a family member.  I have to make a correction.  The bail amount is not .99 cents at the end but .00 cents.  Still, that is a whole lot of nines.  Obviously, they don't want her out of jail before her court hearing.  It could have been set at 10 mil in a "normal" case but not this one!  This is for a DUI and not showing up for required urine tests.

Wow, hope everything works out ok!

I, also hope that everything works out in your family's favor.

Gosh Polly.  My sympathies for you and your family member. I hope she has release soon.

Thanks, guys.  I never would have mentioned it right now if it hadn't been for that bail amount.  I had to find out if anyone ever heard of such an amount before.  It was so bizarre to hear those numbers being spoken over the phone.

I'll be surprised if she lives to see her court date which I was told by someone who works for the jail could be two months away.  She is very ill and fragile and hasn't been herself in years.  She is broke and still does not have an attorney appointed for her as far as I know.  I have not been able to find someone to check on her for me.  Everyone I have called has said they cannot do that.  We are talking a county jail with four thousand inmates.  I am waiting for the jail chaplain to call me back because I was told he might be willing to visit her.

That is seven nines which equals nine.  The end of a cycle.  There were seven original members in my birth family.  Still no word on her.  I've tried many different avenues to find a liason.  I found her lawyer and left a message with him today.  :)

Polly, any number times nine will add up to nine. Interesting about the seven and members of your family. I hope you hear something soon.

I have not received a response from her lawyer but today I found out she is in the hospital. I don't know if she is in the jail hospital or another hospital or why or how long she has been there. That's all I know. I even asked a local cop last week via Paul to see if he could find out anything about her.

There has been what I shall term "a family correction endeavor" in the works for a while, set in motion by me with expert help from others, and I hope at some point to be able to give an update. Much has transpired.