Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another reason to love Australia
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/7C5Rnb7J3sU&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

That is funny DT, and yes I totally love the land down unda!, it seems to be a bit of a theme at the moment about the if you do not like it – get out! This is a speech from kev07 –

Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks onBali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. ' 

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom' 

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!' 

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.' 

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.' 

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.' 

This is what should be said in our country too. I think we have many more whiners than you all do. And I am tired of having to learn Spanish to do certain things in America where our language is ENGLISH!

Hear,Hear!!!:)

Not sure about the US but here any person that decides to call Australia home is given 40 hours of ‘FREE’ English lessons, I don’t see the big deal and I do not see it as discriminating, because if I went to live in another country, I would learn the language first, that is just plain common sense to me!

Precisely, AJ. If I were to move to another country, I would be forced to learn their language if I wanted to live. They would not bend over backwards to learn my language like we do over here.