Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astronomers Discover Mini Black Holes in Mountains
by Liam Scheff
July 25, 2009

Astronomers may have discovered the cause for a long-sought and troubling mystery - the cause of small bright fires in low to mid-sized mountainous regions worldwide, especially during warmer seasons.

NASAPS scientists have determined that a new and startling breed of micro-mini rogue black holes may be responsible for generating these spectacular, but contained, light shows. “We never thought this sort of thing was possible,” said David Prill, of the University of Gloucester, “but we've been wrong before.”

According to Dr. Prill, the discovery occurred by lucky accident. “I was looking at photos of these mysterious fires, when I happened to glance at a recent Hubble telescope image of a quasar.” Dr. Prill explained. “We have recently proved that quasars are formed by the immense power of a black hole to generate unpredictable light shows and hot radiation zones in space. Staring at the photo of the fire in the mountains, I realized that a mini-quasar was precisely what I was looking at, but on a much smaller scale.”

Dr. Prill then went to his department chief and colleagues with his discovery. “They were all very excited – no one had ever considered this a possibility before – black holes right here on earth. It was a radical notion, but once we buckled down and did the math, it all began to fall into place.”

Read the rest here:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/thunderblog...t_liam.htm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astronomers Discover 'Bizarre' Giant Planet Richard 3 1,496 06-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Last Post: Richard