Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aussies urged to eat moths
Oh, the things I think about at times!  :-)  This morning I was thinking about how pantry moths get into grain and grain products and lay their eggs so there is no doubt I have consumed a number of ground up moths in my life without knowing it.

Metro.co.uk 

Yawn ban prevents mouthful of moth 

Workers in an office in Sydney have been banned from yawning to avoid moths flying into their mouths.

Management at ACP Magazines posted a note on the office intranet system to warn workers about the bogong moths, which have become the scourge of Australia in recent weeks.

'There have been several unreported cases of moths flying into people's mouths on the street,' the message said.

'Please refrain from yawning or keeping mouth open for long periods as moths see a "tunnel".

'Staff are also advised to shake clothing before entering the building. This will be monitored until the problem has passed.'

The moth problem has been caused by unseasonable winds blowing them off course this year during their annual migration across the country.

'Staff are reminded to limit the use of office lighting (a major attraction to the insect) and also to keep windows closed,' the message said.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=69832&in_page_id=2

This is funny, Richard.  What do ya think, Sily?

Polly Wrote:...What do ya think, Sily?
*laughs*  icon_lachtot I think it's funny! 

It's happened to me once or twice with gnats, in all my years.  I was talking and ........... whoops..... inhaled a small bug.  

I felt sorry for both me and the bug. 

LOL I'm afraid i'll use some slang words that might be inappropriate but I only intend it for humorful purposes lol..in regards to this article and the ideas expressed here about moths lol.
i had a problem with them flying things this summer/early fall and its virtually gone--they raided my clothes and some food...so what i had to do was launder and dry all my clothing,scrub my furniture with some harsh chemicals---its best to make or find natural insect repellents--I found you can use combinations of herbals to help reduce the number of moths, larva and eggs...they hate cedarwood..and anything affiliated with it.i read somewhere if you utilize harsh chemical products to obliterate a moth problem, and you have pets,etc..it might not only harm the insects, but it will also cause problems for your pets and even us people...
i know you guys know what to use..i was just learning along the way...still dealing but i'm okay.

just posted cuz i haven't done so in a while and this article accompanied by the comments was funny.