Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned
First we had a fiasco in parliament with the word ‘mate’, claimed to be totally inappropriate for politicians to be using-banned, I agree, because they have no mates!

Now the USA has declared war on our much loved black substance, by the way does look very similar to the oil that has been taken out of a car that has toured the entire landscape of the USA, but that is not the point, and I totally understand that it is an acquired taste.

The news headlines tell me that VEGEMITE is going to be banned in the USA; this is the most bizarre thing I have heard. This black substance screams Australia along with mate, meat pie, sand in your togs and sunburn, every household has a jar. The only reason why I bring this up, (because I am sure that most Americans could not give a hoot about it), Kraft makes vegemite, and a few years ago the Australian Kraft was sold to their US friends, so even though it is banned, they will still be receiving the profits from vegemite. We totally disapprove of a product but will take the money from the sales; this attitude is becoming very common in our world.

what it the reason for banning vegemite? do you know?

isn't that sort of like banning peanut butter???

I read an article on vegemite because I wanted to see exactly what it was, and it said that it was banned because it has folate in it. Evidently, in the U.S., folate can only be added into breads and cereals.

Yes DT,

that is the reason why, very strange indeed.