Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CENSUS
:?  I received the US census form and found it asked many questions that don't seem pertinent to what the study is about.  It is supposed to be a  count of people in a geographic area  to see if redistricting is necessary for government and political reasons.  As far as I can tell the government would need the address and how many people live in the residence to calculate those items.

Why, then, do they ask for name, phone number, whether you own the residence, if you have a mortgage, if you have a 2nd mortgage,  all people in your household by name and their relationship to you, and more.

HHMMM.  Sounds like a government database storing and sharing this info ?

Yes Bluemoon it is for database information, and if you ask why the questions they will tell you they need to calculate the money in that particular suburb, so if 80% of people have a mortgage, then they are classed, if 80% rent and so on, and what kind of government assistance is needed in that area bla bla…….

Is it mandatory to fill in the census? And is it mandatory to answer all the questions?

Thanks for your response AJ. I know why they say they need the info. I'm just concerned that they use it for other things beyond that. These days, I guess I feel the less they know about you the better.

Is it mandatory ? YES. Can you not answer some questions ? I don't know. I guess I'll find out.

I agree that they use this information for other things, even though there is no privacy in this world, that is overkill! Over here it is mandatory to fill it in, but there is always a way out of everything in life when it comes to the government! just find out do you have to answer all the questions, and is it illegal to answer the questions truthfully?

The other problem is the people that analyze this information, will they stick to their confidentiality? It certainly is a worry.  

It is mandatory.