Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DT in the hospital
Dreamtime went into the hospital yesterday. We found out she has COPD. Sounds like they're going to keep her there for few days or more. Before yesterday I didn't even know what COPD was. It's Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.  It makes it difficult to breathe. I'm guessing she got it from when she use to smoke. She quit smoking about 3 years ago, so it seems a little strange that it just now started giving her problems.

They claim there is no cure but a few natural websites I read claim MSM will clear her lungs. We'll have to try it out and see how it works. :)

Love and prayers to DT.

Thanks BlueMoon. :)

cya soon DT! get well, thanks for the info rich

Send my love to Her Richard. Ive not heard of that Copd either, but around these parts lots of Respiratory problems are going on.... Just makes you wonder if Chemtrails could of irritate them.

Breathing problems seem to be more often, also here.

Best wishes.

I'm thinking that she got it 3 years ago when she use to smoke. She quit smoking because of breathing problems but her doctor said the breathing problems was due to her asthma. I think the doctor missed the COPD because she never had her tested for that. At the hospital she asked them to test her for COPD because her daughter thought she might have it.

Richard, what is MSM and where do you get it or info on it?

That can be cured.I'll talk to her about it when she gets out of the hospital.In the meantime,give her my regards.

William Wrote:Richard, what is MSM and where do you get it or info on it?
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is an odorless, essentially tasteless, white crystalline chemical demonstrating usefulness as a dietary supplement. MSM is a naturally occurring nutrient, a sulfur compound found in typical human diets and those of virtually all other vertebrates. MSM contributes essential sulfur for the synthesis of connective tissue, enzymes and immunoglobulin production. Sulfur is also an important element in the formation of healthy hair and nails. Research suggests that a minimum concentration in the body may be critical to both maintain normal function and structure.

MSM is a natural component of many fresh fruits, vegetables, seafood and meat. Cow’s milk is a particularly rich source of MSM. However, heat and processing can reduce the MSM quantity in foods. MSM is rated as one of the least toxic substances in biology, similar in toxicity to water and much less toxic than common table salt, for example. It has been widely tested as a food ingredient without any reports of allergic reactions.

COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)

In a study of 7subjects with respiratory deficiency, all were given MSM to take orally. Five had emphysema, and two had lung tumors plus fluid accumulation. At two-week intervals, before and during the MSM supplementation, the five subjects with emphysema were tested for their ability to walk a specific distance. After one month, all emphysema sufferers had at least doubled their walking distance. The two subjects with lung tumors were assessed by attending physicians, nurses and their family as being more alert and with an improved attitude. The lung fluid disappeared during the first months of the test period.

You can read the rest here:
http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/treat/T31857.html

I've been using it for my arthritis and it seems like it is reducing the pain.