Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think dreams are useful..
Dreams are very unstable and untrustworthy[to me].. and besides Edgar Cayce.. I haven't heard or read of dreams being helpful. Anything in a dream, can just instantly transform into some other kind of nonsense. Quite upsetting..Icon_sleep

Icon_look I've never really known what to do with my dreams except to use them as entertainment.  Unreliable is a good description.

I had a few majorly creepy dreams while doing all sorts of chaotic Expansions "astral hook" techniques. It felt like I was juggling and balancing spinning pie plates while I was doing their visualizations/meditations/chakra balancing stuff.

http://www.xeeatwelve.net/articles/sleep_world.html

An interesting insight into the sleep world by Amitakh Stanford.

My Understanding is that when I lay down in my bed at night the symbol of my bed is a coffin and my dream world symbol is really the Afterlife. Same thing will happen when you separate from your body at death you will dream which is really what the afterlife is all about it is not absolute or true reality but an illusory one. This is also the same belief in the Tibetan Book Of The Dead. Same thing with NDEs or Near Death Experiences all illusory realities and one that easily confuses and traps entities who are nothing more then creations of this illusory reality since NDES exist to keep you trapped here no one seem to be able to escape the spin cycle in these NDES events since it is like walking into a hall of mirrors you don't know what is true and become confused and easily deceived because your are like a leaf blowing in the wind and you don't know which way the wind is blowing either. Your not suppose to be able to escape from your prison so easily.

These are properties of our predicament of being trapped in the spin cycle of going from one life to another mainly due to our desire to continue the game and respawn on to the game board and try a different approach in trying to be happy and having a place called home sweet home with some kind of permanence due to the time of your next body but your time is cut short you die again and you still believe you can still achieve your dreams you try again and again over countless illusory times of millions of years and still have not accomplished your goal what insanity. Since we have no Soul nothing of permanence is ever passed to the next life only temporal pieces of our selves like attributes, tendencies, acquired abilities and other abilities developed over countless lives in other conditioned states of how we interacted, what kind of decision we made and our thoughts about things we made in other lives about Illusory things and other illusory beings all generated by karmic phenomena of concatenated causes and effects in turn creating other karmic phenomena due to interdependent interactions from other illusory things and illusory beings ad infinitum. Does all this make you better that has permanence no but maybe a better temporary character in the next life I am no better then the character Data in Star Trek who wanted to be human because he believed humans had a soul a soul which is myth in this illusory reality because he believed he did not have a soul.

We are nothing but a karmic driven phenomena created illusion of a separated self that interacts with this illusory reality and creates concatenated causes and effects that impacts other things to manifest more phenomena through out the illusory time and space of it sending back phenomena not only from things directly but also indirectly a permutation that is so mind boggling in terms of mathematical numbers.  Since everything is connected to other things in a kind of interdependence of interacting with each and every other thing in this illusory reality we think is real since phenomena happens on an infinitesimal scale from the atomic to the macro seemingly coming into existence and disappearing either existing for a long time or existing for just a microsecond or much smaller time frame then can be perceived by our so called illusory senses which are created and conditioned on Karmic conditions but our illusory consciousness phenomena can be easily fooled. Since my existence of my illusory self is conditioned on the existence of some other illusory phenomena to exist of which it in turn is conditioned on something else for it to exist. It ceases to exist I cease to exist that exist then that arises so the saying goes.

The Buddhist version on this:
http://buddhism.about.com/od/basicbuddhi...enesis.htm

Why do you say in above that we have no soul?

Hi William it is a very hard concept to grasp of which I myself can not explain to anybody since it is the Buddhas and Buddhist understanding of the way things are a paradox since we exist but our existence is a conditional one and not a permanent one.

I have contemplated on this for sometime but its something not to loose any sleep over. According to the Buddha it is a waste of time speculating on the concept of the whether we have a Soul or not  but for people that worry about it and are in doubt can easily get bent out of shape worrying about such things. With me just understanding and accepting things as they really are according to my understanding what the Buddha character thus far said about it.  As a result of my deep understanding of it I have begin the journey of my salvation since I am no longer the actor but the observer.

http://www.budsas.org/ebud/whatbudbeliev/115.htm

I for one believe and have had experience of having a soul.  :D

@"william" Have you, by any chance, shared the experience here somewhere?