Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone experience clicking here?
 I had the sound up from watching a video a few weeks ago and noticed a clicking sound when I came to the forum. I thought it was weird. I tested again and again throughout the last few weeks and it does it everytime. It doesn't happen on other sites....just curious as to what that one click could be. it almost sounds like the click you hear from old picture cameras, or at least that's what the sound reminds me off. Anyone with the same experience??:?

The only clicks I hear is when a member is using the chat box.

The clicking is from the banners. if u pass your mouse over the banner then you get a finger clicking sound. You need to disable browser sounds to stop it.. Im using opera and have not figured out how to do that.. just not tried... so i just keep my sound down if it bothers me.

No Bother William, I had not heard it before so I thought it was a little strange. Mystery solved :D

Interesting info William, now I know why I never heard the clicking. I never let my mouse get near the ads because I can't click on them. Google would ban me from the program if I did that. It sucks sometimes because once in awhile I do see ads that I would like to click on. :)

Not all browsers allow the clicking sounds.. But opera does. Somewhere there must be option to turn off banner sounds maybe? no biggie tho.

Go figure...today it stopped clicking! I'm passing my mouse over the banner but nothing happens...the sound on my computer is way up.... the mystery deepens, lol, anyway I'm sure there is a very simple explanation ;-)No big deal just weird.

It clicks for me when i go to any thread or page here. Now its not tied in with the banner.. The page clicks. LOL
Probably programming to me act silly. ;)

I use Firefox and I tried Chrome and Explorer and none of them produced sounds. I even ran my mouse over the ads. This has me puzzled why some hear and some don't.

If you're using a mac, there are sound effect sounds in the "sound menu" located in "system preferences". You can mute them there. Also you can block autoplay, scripts etc. with firefox addons.:)