Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DreamTime, jewelry question for you
DreamTime, would you have any interest in being paid to create a specific pendant for me?  It might be too difficult to construct though, I'm not sure.

Hi Polly,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, but I am in WI dog and bird sitting for my sister while they are in FL. I don't have much access to the 'net' and besides, the animals don't give me much time to myself. I tell you one thing...after this, I NEVER want to have any more dogs and I sure as he** do not want any birds!!! She has a completely insane cockatoo who does not stop screeching and crying (seriously, he goes "waa waa waa" over and over again louder than you ever want to hear). I am so stressed out and losing it!

Anyway, if you tell me what you are looking for, I will see if I can make it or not. I don't do any soldering (is that spelled right?), just so you know.

That poor bird - he misses his mate quite terribly!  Our parrot actually becomes depressed when his "daddy" is out of town.  A screaming bird is actually doing a "flocking call" and expects his best friend to return the call.  When the call is not returned, he becomes worried and keeps calling.  All you can do is wear ear plugs and be as kind as possible.  You might try whistling other sounds, singing, or other noises.  It might also help to try to talk to him gently and make sure he has plenty of toys.  They do have some understanding, so explain to him that they will return.

Now you know why I complain about Daylight Savings Time and the difficulty in getting the parrot to adjust.  He hates it when his schedule is changed.

Dream Time, I will wait until you return and are feeling more "normal" to describe what I am thinking. I knew you were going to your sister's but I wasn't sure of the date of your return.

I'm sorry to hear you are having a hellish time of it. You are very creative, perhaps you can use your abilities (mind to mind) to calm those unhappy beasts? :-)

GertrudaRose & Polly,

I'm afraid there is no hope for this cockatoo. He was an abused bird before my sister got him. He was kept in a closet by some college boys and only taken out when they wanted to play "football." Now he constantly plucks his feathers and only lets down grow in and he is very very mentally disturbed. My sister has had him for about 15 years or so and he is still no better, so there kind of is no hope that he will get any better. He is even getting to be too much for my sister. She is considering finding some kind of sanctuary to put him in.

Polly, I will be coming home on Friday.

DT,

That is very sad about the cockatoo, people are just so cruel! living in the natural habitat of the cockatoo, around ½ hour after sunrise and before sundown, there are around 40-100 cockatoos fly over my house, and they screech out to one another in the process, it is so loud, but happy to see them free.

I have noticed birds lately, they seem to be around when I am talking to my oversoul:) They are beautiful. And they show a very beautiful way of interacting with nature. I mean, they do seem to be exactly where they are supposed to be all the time:) In tune.

I heard a parrot can speak 350 words and know shapes colors and numbers by sight, so maybe the cockatoo, i think its in the parrot family, probably has flashbacks about what was done to it, it'd probably do better free in its own natural habitat with other birds like it, being confined to a closet makes that house probably seem like a larger version of hell for the bird, it'd need its feathers in the wild though, maybe try leaving the cage in a tree while it adjusts to the new environment.

Polly, I am now home.

About the Cockatoo...yes it is sad what happened to it. My sister rescued it because no one else wanted him due to his mental problems. He could never be released into the wild since he constantly plucks his feathers out as they grow in. Most of the time he looks like a plucked chicken. Right now he has allowed his body to be covered with his downy feathers, but my sister doesn't know how long he will keep them. He is as smart as a five year old. He can say quite a few words, and while I was there I taught him to say: Patty. So now he says Patty, where are you. LOL I bet my sister is going to have a time with him now that I left because I spoiled him while I was there to keep him quiet.

Could I ask if you have seen yellow Kyanite anywhere? I've seen blue, green, black, clear/white and orange so far but yellow seems to be harder to find:)