Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enlightenment cannot be achieved. Your either got it or you don't!
drivel.

i disagree with the thread

i'd say ascended masters do exist

[size="1"]This is what the Ascended Master Alan Watts told me today on You Tube
(Alan Watts - Time and The More It Changes 6 of 6):

"You're always in the same place.....And what is that place?......

You can ask yourself very sincerely.....If THAT is so....If in other words.....

The place in which you are now is the place where everything and everybody else REALLY is..
only there's an arrangement to pretend that you ought to be somewhere else (laughs).....

So the place where you are is the place where you're always pretending you want to be somewhere else.....

And this is the nature of life....This is the pulse...I ought to be somewhere else......

When if you discover the path, the trick that you're playing on yourself, you become serene....

And you don't entirely give up the game because you've seen through it, but you say,

'Humm...It really might be fun to go on playing'....."

Drive El...LOL
[/size]

When you come to accept that you don't know and need not..
you may have a 'bingo' moment!

It will not do you a damned bit of good to look at someone and say "they are an ascended master".. why? because it's somebody other than you.

This idea that we are flawed drives us away from Being.

ok, i meant more along the lines of mythical ascended masters, like st germaine.. someone with divine power

The more I think I know, the more I find out I was totally mistaken. So now I start from "I have no idea"- and just take my time and observe. If I don't judge anything, I will probably end up realizing or learning something. :)

There's a lot to be said for just leaving things alone.... and living...

Took me a while to figure that one out. Can't say I'm all that good at it yet. :)

One step at a time. The journey starts with the first step.

st. germain is an actual humanoid who somehow figured out everything beyond all physics... in the 1700s.. and is alive to this very second..

a remarkable entity

maybe he's even smarter than a gray[alien]..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Germain_(Theosophy)

http://www.netplaces.com/spells-charms/m...ermain.htm
Voltaire described him as “a man who never dies, and who knows everything.”

Mark L Prophet claimed to channel St Germaine and started a cultish following amongst metaphysically minded hippies in the late 70's. He stated that his chelas- followers would be able to Materialize a Blue Sapphire in a Silver Setting when they became enlightened. I never saw one. He died.
His wife, Elizabeth Claire Prophet (living) wrote a hundred books, speaks, and is taken seriously.

I believe you can try to express Enlightenment in words all you want, but you'll never truly understand it until you experience it for yourself. Siddartha (Gotama, The Enlightened One, etc) did an outstanding job talking about it but alas, I have a feeling he wasn't able to to express Enlightenment in its totality.