Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Familicide
In Los Angeles California a father murdered his 3 sons,his wife and mother-in-law and then himself.  As horrible as this is in some cultures it is considered the honorable thing to do in certain circumstances. I don't agree with that in any way but it may shed a speck of light as to why people do what they do.

In addition during the Great Depression of 1929 familicide(family murder/ suicide) was prevalent especially in rural areas. This also occurs in higher numbers in countries torn by war. Familicide is the most common form of mass murder .  

I could only imagine how one must be so desperate in life to feel that is their only alternative to escape, even though I also do not agree, but I do see the ‘why’ in a war torn country, but in LA I see no ‘why’, I only see that a man who did not want anyone else to have his family, so he took them with him, we have had family murder suicides here, and as far as I know it is always the husband who takes it into his own hands and feels the rest of his family could not cope, yet he usually is the main perpetrator of the trauma. It is a sad world so often MN.

AJ, Though it is an assumption on my part, the family's last name,in this instance, indicates it may have been a cultural reaction. In the states I think it is also the father/husband or older son who commits these acts. It seems to have a lot to with shame. Usually due to financial situations. So sad that people allow money ,or the lack ,of define their very existence.War situations I'm sure are a different set of circumstances.