Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find Ghosts With Your Mobile
Posted Jun 7th 2007 2:29PM by Evan Shamoon
Filed under: Cell Phones

In what may be the single greatest mobile application of all time, the Discovery Channel is offering downloads of a ghost detection program for compatible cell phones. The download is free, as long as you sign up for a subscription to its Most Haunted website.

As any self-respecting ghost buster knows, paranormal investigators say that fluctuations in Electro Magnetic Fields (E.M.F.) are the indicators for paranormal activity. Apparently, this application works by measuring variations in data transmission times to and from your mobile phone, which it takes from fluctuations in the local electromagnetic field.

It's at this point in the post that we're supposed to make a joke about 'Ghostbusters' and the phrase, "Who you gonna call?" -- but we'll spare you.

From Textually 

http://www.switched.com/2007/06/07/find-...ur-mobile/

I wonder if this is really to check for other things or mainly to report what the EMF of a given area is ?  

About three weeks ago, I was in my car on the way to work and had driven approx. one hundred yards and a small truck with "Chesapeake Paranormal Investigations" written on the side of the truck pulled out in front of me.  I thought to myself... COOL... real-life Ghostbusters either live near me or were doing some investigations, I hoped.

So I googled them and found their site.  Found their forum and joined up.  I haven't had time to go back and read their forum much... but it might be something for me to investigate in the future.

The times I have seen ghosts, they did not hurt me, so that was good.  I actually think I have many visitations from ghosts but are at this point, unable to see ALL of them.  I do believe my dogs see whatever is there more than I do because of the way they act.  And bark.

So anyway.... I kind of have the mind-set I think that if it's meant to be for me to see whatever I'm supposed to see, it will happen, without the aid of Proton Packs a la Ghostbusters or cell phones tracking.  icon_sweeticon_geist2

William, maybe the ulterior motive is they want to collect data of where the ghosts are.

I haven’t seen any ghosts yet but I know my dog sees something from time to time. You can tell he’s watching something and sometimes he gets spooked by it. I live near a cemetery and that could explain why ghosts are around here.  

Real EMF detectors have a hard enough time in the field picking up fluctuations in the environment...a cell phone?

sorry...I cant buy in to this one. Seems more of a gimmick to get people to sign up to be spammed by Most Haunted information.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Man Creates Free Mobile Phone App To Talk To Ghosts Richard 0 314 03-30-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Richard