Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From The Elders
This was posted on another site as Cherokee Wisdom. Over the years I have heard it attributed to others but that doesn't really matter.

TWO WOLVES
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said:
"My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealously, sorrow, egret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superority and ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity,humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:
"Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee simply replied:
"The one you feed."

:)

Greetings, Mercy Now

Thankyou

Wonderful wisdom

Quote:The Creator gathered all of Creation and said, "I want to hide something from the humans until they are ready for it. It is the realization that they create their own reality."

The eagle said, "Give it to me, I will take it to the moon." The Creator said, "No. One day they will go there and find it."

The salmon said, "I will bury it on the bottom of the ocean." "No. They will go there too."

The buffalo said, "I will bury it on the Great Plains." The Creator said, "They will cut into the skin of the Earth and find it even there."

Grandmother Mole, who lives in the breast of Mother Earth, and who has no physical eyes but sees with spiritual eyes, said, "Put it inside of them."

And the Creator said, "It is done."

~ Sioux ~
Another well-known, of ~ Lakota ~ origin:

Quote:Friend do it this way - that is, whatever you do in life, do the very best you can with both your heart and mind.

And if you do it that way, the Power Of The Universe will come to your assistance, if your heart and mind are in Unity.

When one sits in the Hoop Of The People, one must be responsible because All of Creation is related. And the hurt of one is the hurt of all. And the honor of one is the honor of all. And whatever we do effects everything in the universe.

If you do it that way - that is, if you truly join your heart and mind as One - whatever you ask for, that's the Way It's Going To Be.

Passed down from White Buffalo Calf Woman
Blessings

~xan-i

Love it MN, so simply powerful.

Thanks for all these heartfelt words of wisdom - I, for one, really needed to read them today. It can be so easy to lapse into negative thoughts as we review the past year and wonder about the approaching new one.