Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun Dream

I am tired of seeing my other dream post and need a change. Here's a very fun dream from about 35 years ago but it still feels as fresh as it did way back then.

My brother and I were in an art gallery. We came to a painting that had a summer scene. The main tree in the front right of the painting had cardinals, gold finches and indigo buntings in it. It was so lovely with those red, yellow and blue colors that neither my brother nor I were able to speak. We were captivated by beauty! Finally I said to my brother, "If only there was a brown creeper on the trunk of the tree!"

Now I'd just begun bird watching and wanted to see a brown creeper because I'd never seen one, because they are cute little birds, but also because they spiral up tree trunks gleening out insects from between the bark and I just had to see that! Well, the instant I said I wished there was a brown creeper in the painting, my brother and I ended up IN the painting. We both knew we were in the painting, but it was a real place, a real world, and all the sudden I pointed to the trunk of the tree and said, "Look, there is the brown creeper!" My brother and I laughed and thought how fun it would be if all wishes were granted so easily. Then we thought since we were in the painting, we may as well explore and enjoy, so that is what we did.

This is one of my best dreams ever. I'd like to have more like it!

And, in the bird-watching world when people get nutty about birds, they begin to keep life lists. The way it works is to record every bird species you see. Haha, I 'saw' a brown creeper so I told my brother, "I'm adding it to my list. It doesn't make it more real if I see the bird in the earth plane or wherever dreams happen." He thought that was the pretty funny. A few weeks after, I saw my first brown creeper in a forest (on earth) and to this day I still love those little fellows. We have one that comes to our yard every now and then. Makes the heart soar.

Oh stop laughing, we all have things that make us feel very happy! : )

I have had one or two wonderful dreams that i remember.

I dreamt once that I was swimming with a dolphin. Magical. It was great being able to breathe underwater and not have to worry about coming up for air.. we were going pretty fast too.

I was a young ornithologist as a kid, I would draw eagles and owls, take notes..do projects where I would research the bird, draw a picture etc..

Good times.

:D

That sounds like a fun dream for sure! I had one too where I could breathe underwater and although I knew I couldn't do that when 'awake' it felt perfectly natural. However, I didn't get to swim with a dolphin, much less swim fast. That sounds delightful!