Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hate
  Ive been reading or hearing this phrase lately alot.

What you Hate You become.....

Well, what if i Hate Money??  Will i become money or become rich?

If only by hating we become that, then why dont we all hate peace or hate love or hate goodness or hate............ etc....

Any one want to debate this..  If you debate it and i hate it will i become it????

Peace.....

Reminds me of the "when you masturbate then your arms fall off" thing.

William Wrote:  What you Hate You become.....

"This is life, boy, something we can't fight." - Keith Richard's mother.

"The way up is the way back." - Heraclitus

"Adieu, dit le renard. Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." - Le Petit Prince, chap. XXI

If we hate war do we become war?

My opinion is that this saying is related to emotional attachment issue.

"i totally agree" new member? LOL~ 

" It is your own ego that is feeding the expansions secret government project. "

I think it's more along the lines of "You are what you hate," because when you hate someone you have to consider maybe you hate them because they reflect an aspect of yourself you don't particularly like. When you hate war, perhaps you are at war with yourself about something.

You must be indifferent to whatever you face to be at peace with it. Being indifferent to war would probably mean you're not warring inside yourself.

NobleSy Wrote:You must be indifferent to whatever you face to be at peace with it. Being indifferent to war would probably mean you're not warring inside yourself.
I beg to differ NobleSy... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you are confusing 'indifferent' with being detached.

If one is indifferent towards say, 'war' or money, one literally does not care about any of it which also indirectly implies that one has no interest whatsoever if another person is being mauled to death, bombed to smithereens, being bloodied to death, the violence, rape and murder that war inevitably brings with it. As money is often one of the main pretexts to conduct 'war', to claim 'indifference' then seems to more than suggest that it 'doesn't matter' that because of war, the world is in the state it is which betrays not only lack of compassion for human suffering but simply a "I do not care" attitude.

That, IMHO, is a dangerous attitude which serves those that will use the 'indifferent' masses to do as they see fit in order to get what they want walking over dead bodies. Indifference is a literal slap in the face of those that are subject to the horrors of wars, whereas detachment contains within it the awareness and caring of the unnecessary pain, strife and agony that war unleashes on the innocent. Detachment still harbors the understanding and, if genuine, the resistance to condone murder and bloodshed without becoming emotionally attached and pulled in to what is happening as a result and consequence of war.

Discernment is absolutely imperative if one is not to become one of those "I don't give a dog's poo about people dying" betraying the self-absorbtion, and the narcisstic 'me first' attitude that has become sign of our times.

As to 'hating' money, when again, one detaches the feelings and emotions around money (a right challenge to be sure...as it is directly tied to our fear of survival) one can see it for what it is: a means of exchange that has been overvalued and given too much emphasis and importance in the western societies and those 'infected' by the "money bug" via colonialisation of the old European conquistadors, bringing out the worst in people and their lower instincts.

Ultimately, 'hating' money will keep you from leading a "decent, satisfying existence" because there is inherent resistance to 'deal' with anything related to "money" which can make one neglect to "just do what one has to do" to pay the bills, have a roof over one's head, clothes on one's back, shoes on one's feet and food in the belly.

Humanity at this stage and with its current mindset is not ready to let go of the 'monetary paradigm' so instead of "fighting" this inevitable 'fact of life' energetically by feeding it with 'hate' , just let it go and focus on that which you love. Accept money as a necessary evil and as the saying goes; learn to make "lemonade out of lemons". Quality of life will improve, even if by little things that will change in one's immediate environment.

Detaching from that which one may previously have 'hated' will reflect in one's ability to see the big picture and move towards that which nurtures you rather than that which makes you feel 'icky', uncomfortable or annoyed. It's energy one can use and direct towards manifesting 'abundance' in non-monetary ways, which are many fold...

Art, film, nature, the beauty of a sunset, your health (often taken for granted until one becomes seriously ill), are part of what can help you feel that you are abundant and 'rich' without it being tied to 'money'... And, last but not least, it was a very wise being who said:

"Money is a wonderful servant but a terrible master".

I agree with you xanthas in what you are saying about hate towards money.
In my life, I extend it further and do not get caught up in world affairs as I will hate what is going on in the world and only generate more turmoil by feeding it my negative thoughts. I do have an understanding as to where the world is headed and when I do view media, I read between the lines as to where it is going.
I do not have TV, radio, do not buy the paper, live remote and do not seek news online. Call it a careless attitude, no, I can see where we are headed, I choose not to feed it with my negative thoughts that are generated through the doom and gloom presented to us. WE create reality.

[user=1307]xanthas[/user] wrote:
[quote][quote=NobleSy]
Art, film, nature, the beauty of a sunset, your health (often taken for granted until one becomes seriously ill), are part of what can help you feel that you are abundant and 'rich' without it being tied to 'money'... And, last but not least, it was a very wise being who said:

"Money is a wonderful servant but a terrible master".

I like those words Xanthas icon_2thumbs

Namaste, the art of detachment lies not in refusing to be 'part of the world' and its "addiction to negativity" but to stay alert, tuned in and aware of what is, the struggle our kinship has to go through, and it is in acknowledging the pain, the suffering, the fears, the agony of survival for one's own kind without being 'sidelined' into "hating" the perpe-traitors that one truly can support the bigger 'goal' rather than cocooning oneself into a false sense of "I've nothing to do with this" fragile sense of 'security'...

Fear (denial) of what is feeds as much into a situation as 'hate'.

I repeat, detachment does not equal 'fear of others' suffering, it is acknowledging that this struggle is indirectly affecting us as well yet refusing to become emotionally attached in a negative downward spiral... When you're cut off in your cocoon, nobody will come and 'tap on your door' to warn you when it would be helpful. Staying open towards that which 'concerns the worldly affairs' without being pulled into the drama of "hate & war" reminds us that no man is an island.

Forgive me, I mixed up indifference with detachment.
I agree with your points xanthas.

I believe that the world and everything in it represents aspects of oneself, and a key to inner peace is becoming detached from it. War, famine, and all other suffering are a part of oneself. If I can achieve inner peace, then the world around me will likewise reflect that. If you take care of the people and things around you, you are likewise taking care of yourself.