Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to protect yourself from psychic vampires
October 6, 9:40 Paranormal Examiner Caroline Cooney

There are those among us that feed off our or vital energy, leaving us exhausted and drained: they are psychic vampires. These vampires are often clueless to their parasitic nature, although they may notice that certain people seem to energize them. Cutting a psychic vampire out of your life may not be practical, or even possible, but there are ways to protect yourself. Like the blood gulping vampires of lore, psychic vampires need permission on some level to “feed”, so asserting yourself is key. The first step to is to acknowledge the situation and decide to do something about it.

Respected author and shaman Ted Andrews notes in his book Psychic Protection that we are vulnerable to energy drains through our auras, the energy field that surrounds our bodies. Andrews explains that we’re “constantly giving off energy (electrical) and absorbing energy (magnetic). Every time we come in contact with another person there is an exchange of energy.” Andrews believes psychic vampires have an abundance of magnetic energy - which is why they draw energy away from others.

Because of the electromagnetic nature of our aura, it can intermingle with the electromagnetic fields of plants, animals, minerals, as well as other humans. This is why certain stones, minerals, oils and herbs are said to have protective influences. Salt baths infused with lavender and stones like hematite are reported to protect and strengthen the aura. When our auras are strong, draining and negative energies are easily deflected.

According to Andrews, an easy way to close off your energy circuit, thus preventing energy drains, is to “link the index finger with the thumb on each hand…then cross your feet at the ankle.” Be prepared, if you consistently practice this closing off of your energy, the psychic vampire in your life may begin to accuse you of being somehow different, not as open.

Visualizations are another tool to help protect you against energy drains and negative energy (psychic attacks). If you’re stuck in close proximity to a psychic vampire, visualize yourself surrounded by a protective white light or holding out a shield made of mirrors. Actual mirrors are effective too.

I once shared a workspace with a person I’ll call “Pat”, who I considered to have a very toxic, bullying type of personality. This person was entrenched in their position for many years and was able to get away with outrageous behavior: including a loud and constant commentary on other people's body parts, clothes, food and weight, even making (supposedly jokey) physical threats against other co-workers. The attitude of management was ha ha, isn’t Pat kooky. Unfortunately, Pat was very powerful energetically and zeroed in on me to both suck my energy and also bombard me with negative energy. I eventually found some respite after placing small mirrors inconspicuously around my work area in Pat's direction. Whether the mirrors actually deflected Pat’s negative energy, or just knowing that they were there strengthened my own protective resources, is a mystery, but they worked.

Visualizing cords between you and those you want to “disconnect” from (or stop thinking about) is also effective. The more emotional and powerful the connection, the more impenetrable, thick and sinewy the cord may appear in your mind’s eye. Keep hacking away until the cord falls away. Relief is imminent.

Most importantly, trust your instincts. During a conversation with a psychic vampire we can sometimes sense a shift when they begin to feed on our energy, often a tugging sensation in the solar plexus. If you feel uncomfortable, get out of the conversation politely but firmly. Once that moment of escape passes, in essence, you have given permission to the vampire to drain you. Set strong boundaries and the psychic vampire will understand that you’re not an accessible energy source, and he or she will either move on or continue the relationship with you on a non-parasitic basis.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1786-NY-Spirit...c-vampires

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Protect Your Psychic Child cindyk 0 1,043 01-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Last Post: cindyk