Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incredible Color Photos Of America - 1939-43
[size="-1"]Captured: America in Color from 1939-1943

These images, by photographers of the Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information, are some of the only color photographs taken of the effects of the Depression on America’s rural and small town populations. The photographs are the property of the Library of Congress and were included in a 2006 exhibit Bound for Glory: America in Color.

Incredible Color Photos Of America - 1939-43[/size]

Yes, all are great photos !:D

I go for numbers 17,18,19, 54 and 57.

Americans looked more healthy that time; and I see Coca Cola advertising everywhere and people wearing blue jeans, already then.

this is art, real American art.

I enjoyed looking at them. I always like looking at old photos to see how life was back then.

Yes; they had many cars then already, the old-timers; I like to see them.

It gives me an Al Capone and Laurel & Hardy image. The roaring thirties. :D

I ran across dozens of color photos of old England taken in the 1890s, including one of Stonehenge before it was dusted off and put back together.

http://visboo.com/color-photographs-of-old-england.html

This is very rare; I did not know color photo technology did exist then.

I see one b/w photograph in them which I think was from 1914-1918; a WW 1 photo with British soldiers.

the colored photos are beautiful; Britain, Germany and France had the highest civilizations at that time; so some streetscenarios could be even from this time.

I didn't know they had color back then either. It surprised me coming across them.

Looks like the photos were... Colored.. or re-colored.. what ever the word for coloring the black n white ? But im not sure if this was done.. It looks like it tho..

Some of them did look like paintings to me. They just didn't look like a normal color photo.

They are paintings