Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infomercial Scams
You've seen those late night infomermcials with all of these great products, sales pitches, buy one get one free gimmicks, and subliminal programming.  They know how to get you to become an impulsive shopper during your sleepytime.  icon_doh  Before you pick up that phone or go online to order the "I must have the latest gadget for my kitchen" BE SURE to check out the following website:

http://www.infomercialscams.com  

Interesting link. A lot of other scams are those products that sell for $19.95 or $19.99. They say $20 is a psychological barrier with people. If they’re unhappy with a product that cost less than $20, they’ll throw it away. If it cost more than $20, they’ll return it. So the scammers focus on products under $20.

Yes, I have noticed many of those infomercial products are for $19.95 or $19.99  That is very interesting information Richard. 

Also, you'll notice with high-end products, especially automobiles, they are priced with lots of number nines.  The reason for that is psychologically.  It is more pleasing to the consumer, even just by one number, than rounding it off to 20 or 20K.  This is known as the Bat'a price, ending in the number nine(s).

[user=3]Richard[/user] wrote:
Quote:Interesting link. A lot of other scams are those products that sell for $19.95 or $19.99. They say $20 is a psychological barrier with people. If they’re unhappy with a product that cost less than $20, they’ll throw it away. If it cost more than $20, they’ll return it. So the scammers focus on products under $20.

I've noticed heavy use of the word 'Free' in those ads.

E.G. Risk free! Free Trial! Free for 30 days! Free Gift! Toll-free! Buy one get one Free! etc.

On another note, my younger sister loves the free credit report theme songs, and even sings them frequently.... If they afford so many commercials, how can it be free???