Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magnetic North Pole?
I was reading a post about magnets and how to tell which side is the negative/north pole and how to use it on the pineal.   The post seems to have disappeared.
I've ordered a really strong magnet and I am reading different ways to tell which is the North (-) pole.  The stuff I've been reading is conflicting, saying the earth is really south pointing north... etc.  Confusing.

So, my simple question...  How do you determine which is the (good-healing-negative) North Pole?   I have a military-grade compass, WWII issue but it works fine.  When I bring the compass near the magnet, which pole attracts the North pointing needle?
Any other ideas about magnets are also welcome.
Thanks.

Menkaure

Here’s a link to that thread you were talking about. :)

http://www.hyperspacecafe.com/view_topic.php?id=5945&forum_id=57