Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mindfulness - big business
(07-19-2014, 06:00 PM)millipodium Wrote:
(07-19-2014, 05:30 PM)Octahedron Wrote:
(07-18-2014, 12:32 PM)millipodium Wrote:
(07-15-2014, 07:44 PM)Sovereign Wrote: Like anything it can be abused mindfullness is meant for you alone not in some group meditation thing its rather personal that is to dwell on the present moment only not the past or the future yes in a nonjudgemental way.

I think it's perfectly fine to judge things.  ANd the insistence on nonjudgement is exactly what's wrong with the New Age mindfulness.  That's precisely the political part.

Judgement is an intellectual process.  So it's perfectly possible and even a good idea to judge evil things, events, ideas, and people as evil, but your mindfulness allows you to settle down your emotional reaction to injustice, so you're not stressed out all the time, so your immune system is not destroyed, and so that you can think properly in formulating a solution.  

I don't think the group setting is the problem at all, the no-judgement is the problem. 

agreed for a big part.

Mindfulness is a kind of "political correct" New Age/spiritual sexy fashion trend.

Group meditation is a risk, i.e. because of demonic invitations via members who are easily to be opened or are already programmed.

I can not explain now; but is seems to my feelings, "mindfulness" is a silent killer.

In the sense it damages the nerval system over time and it depletes the energy batteries of the body.

If you mean GUIDED meditation in a group, I would agree that I would find them highly suspect.  I guess meditation in groups IS mostly guided.  Or misguided.    I would be ok meditating in a group if everyone was doing their own thing, but maybe that's just not how it is. 

the last thing is still a risk to my opinion, there is interaction in a subtle way, because people are aware of others being meditating.

(07-19-2014, 06:28 PM)Octahedron Wrote:
(07-15-2014, 07:44 PM)Sovereign Wrote: Like anything it can be abused mindfullness is meant for you alone not in some group meditation thing its rather personal that is to dwell on the present moment only not the past or the future yes in a nonjudgemental way.

I think it's perfectly fine to judge things.  ANd the insistence on nonjudgement is exactly what's wrong with the New Age mindfulness.  That's precisely the political part.

Judgement is an intellectual process.  So it's perfectly possible and even a good idea to judge evil things, events, ideas, and people as evil, but your mindfulness allows you to settle down your emotional reaction to injustice, so you're not stressed out all the time, so your immune system is not destroyed, and so that you can think properly in formulating a solution.  

I don't think the group setting is the problem at all, the no-judgement is the problem. 

agreed for a big part.

Mindfulness is a kind of "political correct" New Age/spiritual sexy fashion trend.

Group meditation is a risk, i.e. because of demonic invitations via members who are easily to be opened or are already programmed.

I can not explain now; but is seems to my feelings, "mindfulness" is a silent killer.

In the sense it damages the nerval system over time and it depletes the energy batteries of the body.

If you mean GUIDED meditation in a group, I would agree that I would find them highly suspect.  I guess meditation in groups IS mostly guided.  Or misguided.    I would be ok meditating in a group if everyone was doing their own thing, but maybe that's just not how it is. 

the last thing is still a risk to my opinion, there is interaction in a subtle way, because people are aware of others being meditating.
Hmmmm.  OK. I respect your view!Smile

(07-19-2014, 06:28 PM)Octahedron Wrote:

agreed for a big part.

Hmmmm.  OK. I respect your view!Smile