Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mithraic Mysteries
I'm sorry to hear you lost your reply, MC...it happens here sometimes? I shall look forward to reading it another time, perhaps.

I am deeply puzzled by such things as some people care to communicate, at times - some 'personal philosophies' that defy logic - such as expounding the fact that religion is a man-made organisation and yet in the same breath announcing the proposition that lucifer and satan are the same 'being' who is responsible for all evil & etc & so forth...Such reasoning makes no sense to me. (Not in the way in which it is intended, at least)

I appreciate that in this medium we have only words with which to express ourselves and that can be confusing sometimes, especially where and when definition may become hazy or misinterpreted. That being said, we are also in possession of a good deal of etymological knowledge that can serve to impart a greater understanding regarding (the meaning of) that of which we speak.

Problem with my computer...
I'll rewrite later,but tell me what you think Satan is.Satan and Lucifer,are they the same being?Those people that say they are,do they explain how it came to be?There is an explanation of course.

(11-26-2017, 09:57 AM)MC Wrote: Problem with my computer...
I'll rewrite later,but tell me what you think Satan is.Satan and Lucifer,are they the same being?Those people that say they are,do they explain how it came to be?There is an explanation of course.

No. I cannot even begin to tell you what I think - there are far too many streams of thought & meaning running parallel one to the other…

However (although, amongst other things - some of which I have already stated) at the outer edge of all things, ‘lucifer’ and ‘satan’ are energies/forces . They are, otherwise, mundane constructs sprung from the minds of humankind.

(I quite agree that there are, no doubt, as many explanations as there are individual minds! But ‘explanation’ does not necessarily reveal the truth of the matter…)