Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morality
So do we have to personally experience darkness?

We all have experienced darkness by being alive here in this reality. Its now just what Degree you have experienced. The greater degree of darkness you experience here is almost a doorway to grow more.

There is morality, its been prevalent on this planet, you get more done as a group if you have morality and work together.

Morality is subjective tho. There are some cultures that were ok with some abuse, even higher thinking here now see's Abuse that is always ignored. Our health system is a system mostly of abuse counting the pharmaceuticals. We on large ignore the abuse. Does abuse = Morality?

I think morality boils down to when one knows absolutely that what one does to another, one does to self, there is no longer any question of what is moral.

Excellent POV Polly. So basically "Do Unto Others As You Would Have Others Do Unto You"? 

That I agree with as long as a person has decency integrity and an aspiration to higher spiritual energetics. 
 I don't know what a sadistic ,masochistic, evil person would want done to themselves. 

I'm not trying to be disruptive or confuse the issue .Just trying to view it with a different lens .

I agree MN, this topic is so diverse and I believe everyone’s opinion here is correct because we all have different standards of moral behavior, and like you say do unto others, yet people that I could say have no morals actually believe what they are saying or doing is appropriate, so it can become argumentative.

There are many hideous and cruel people in this world and they are judged in the same system as a person with a traffic offence.

If I were to say that any person who violates a child deserves no second chance, to me this is morally wrong, and first strike you’re out, they should not be fed three times a day, given special treatment then the tax payer has to cover the costs to relocate these people.

would I be morally incorrect by saying those who violate a child should be sent to the Middle East to be stoned? They have no right to enjoy life because they have ruined the life of another human?

I am also not trying to confuse or be disruptive but this is a great topic that has such a variety of answers to cover.

Yes,it is an excellent ,timeless and important  topic AstroJewels, and I'm glad RIS brought it up.It's fundamental to our existence on this planet. 

IMO we live in a time when the world's moral compass seems to be demagnetized . People seem to be largely fueled by competitive self- interests and the great demagnetizer greed.

Sad to say that in todays world, do unto others cant work either..... There is a large BDSM---- Some like pain, choking near death, whips- near torture.. etc. This is a big subject. I would say... NO HARM TO OTHERS. !

[color=#0000ff Wrote:Mercy Now[/color]] Yes,it is an excellent ,timeless and important  topic AstroJewels, and I'm glad RIS brought it up.It's fundamental to our existence on this planet. 

IMO we live in a time when the world's moral compass seems to be demagnetized . People seem to be largely fueled by competitive self- interests and the great demagnetizer greed.

Thanks. You left out the 'T'. ;)

[color=#842dce Wrote:Astrojewels[/color]]I agree MN, this topic is so diverse and I believe everyone’s opinion here is correct because we all have different standards of moral behavior, and like you say do unto others, yet people that I could say have no morals actually believe what they are saying or doing is appropriate, so it can become argumentative.

There are many hideous and cruel people in this world and they are judged in the same system as a person with a traffic offence.

If I were to say that any person who violates a child deserves no second chance, to me this is morally wrong, and first strike you’re out, they should not be fed three times a day, given special treatment then the tax payer has to cover the costs to relocate these people.

would I be morally incorrect by saying those who violate a child should be sent to the Middle East to be stoned? They have no right to enjoy life because they have ruined the life of another human?

I am also not trying to confuse or be disruptive but this is a great topic that has such a variety of answers to cover.

Good question. Does an 'eye for a eye' ever solve anything? There was a video on another site, and it was of a man in a foreign country (I think it was Indonesia) being whipped on the bum (ouch!).

He was accused of raping young boys and girls? I watched it for about a minute, and the 'pain' factor kicked in.

Is this REALLY justifiable?

RibbonInTheSky

I believe that the universal laws always catch up with you because of your intention and not your crime.

The example you are using are you asking is that justifiable for his crime? I would say ‘no’, he deserves worse! Any person who does harm to children has given away their right as a living human being and the #1 sin of living, it is a conscious choice to perform such a horrific crime to innocence and there is no excuse.

Do you think he deserves better?

[color=#842dce Wrote:Astrojewels[/color]]RibbonInTheSky

I believe that the universal laws always catch up with you because of your intention and not your crime.

The example you are using are you asking is that justifiable for his crime? I would say ‘no’, he deserves worse! Any person who does harm to children has given away their right as a living human being and the #1 sin of living, it is a conscious choice to perform such a horrific crime to innocence and there is no excuse.

Do you think he deserves better?

I think that he should be encouraged to rehabilitate first and foremost. If discipline is going to be handed out, then there should be some sort of higher purpose.

If he doesn't learn his lesson, then perhaps a more extreme form of punishment is necessary.

I'm on the fence.....