Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mounds and Viereckschanzen in Germany
Mounds and Viereckschanzen in Germany

Some tidbits and along with MN's post about the Serpent Mound and the Mt. Rtanj thread. It's my current route of research (aside from body energetics). Today I read about the "Viereckschanzen" that are found all over South Germany and I remembered that I lived there for 4+ years in an area where there is a high density of special built "schanzen" (for Americans: approx. pronounced "schuntsen") deep in the woods. That is exactly the area where I got lost in the woods during night and had some very scary experiences walking through the woods and finding the way. I forgot this episode until I read about those mysterious "schanzen" in the following blog. First the most interesting post at the beginning:

"Blood"
http://viereckschanze.blogspot.com/2006_...chive.html

I like the short paragraph, because often the focus is laid on merovingians and what have you, but it is overlooked what has been assimilated, which may be more important - so important that intermarriage was forced.

Apparently some churches were built on top of the schanzen:
http://viereckschanze.blogspot.com/2006_...chive.html

I haven't searched the whole blog so far.

Then, when I was in my early teens I was in Northern Germany during holiday several times (North Sea area) and there were a lot of mounds. All I did was research those mounds, which magnetically attracted me. I know those mounds are all over Europe:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hügelgrab

http://www.druidry.org/board/dhp/viewtop...67&t=26165

If I can find some better links I will post them. Not sure why the celts pop up right now. They haven't for a long time. The area in Southern Germany has had a lot of visitors over the time. It's actually not pure "Aldebaranian" as some people claim, however the tribe of Dan and the Vikings showed up (mostly to conquer people who could well have done without them).

I am absolutely sure, similar things can be found all over Europe and Asia. If anybody has experiences with these places or just a good picture gallery , please post.
"This is life, boy, something we can't fight." - Keith Richard's mother.

"The way up is the way back." - Heraclitus

"Adieu, dit le renard. Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." - Le Petit Prince, chap. XXI

Thanks for the links GoldenWinged SnakeOiLion.

In your research you no doubt discovered that North America was virtually covered with mounds. As posted I live in the near  vicinity of the Great Serpent Mound but smack dab in the midst of FT. Ancient. there  were and still are a few smaller snake mounds throughout the immediate area.

It is said Cincinnati was  built  on a huge Indian Mound.

Despite the snake depicitions I don't feel a negative energy attached to these areas rather a neutral one that could  be utilized for negative or postive. It's a vortex.

Below is a turtle head boulder found in my neighbor's yard early this May. He found it as he was digging for a garden and drove it up here in his 'gator (lol! )and asked "What does this look like to you ?"  It weighs over 200 lbs.

[Image: rock+art+cincinnati+oh+04+15+09.jpg]

One very interesting thing about this turtle head is in the profile shown it seems "positive" and somewhat smiling. On the the other side it is just the opposite. I'll  check to see if my neighbor has a pic of the  opposite side.