Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mystery object to whizz by Earth Wednesday
 Tue Jan 12, 1:52 pm ET

WASHINGTON – A mystery object from space is about to whizz close by Earth on Wednesday. It won't hit our planet, but scientists are stumped by what exactly it is.

Astronomers say it may be space junk or it could be a tiny asteroid, too small to cause damage even if it hit. It's 33 to 50 feet wide at most.

NASA says that on Wednesday at 7:47 a.m. EST, it will streak by, missing Earth by about 80,000 miles. In the western United States it may be bright enough to be seen with a good amateur telescope.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100112/ap_o...space_miss

well ill wait for some pics is any surface

Here is what they posted on the news site.

Attached Files Image(s)

lol do they expect us to believe that? the freakin dot? many laughs many laughs..

no really, what is this photo of? meteor disintegrating streaking in the night? maybe thermal optics.

I guess if they could get a better photo then it wouldn't be a mystery as to what it is.

lol yeah

Richard Wrote:I guess if they could get a better photo then it wouldn't be a mystery as to what it is.
Who says there isn't a better pic? With all the advanced telescopes and imaging, I'm sure someone has one. I don't know what it could be, but that pic looks like an early version of the vid game frogger.

i hope its not silver surfer