Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NASA to Bomb the Moon Friday
By ASHA BEH
Updated 11:04 AM EDT, Tue, Oct 6, 2009
Randy & Jennifer Nations

NASA's going for full impact Friday, firing a bomb-laden missile at the moon in a dramatic search for water.

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is sending its Lunar CRater Observing and Sensing Satellite (LCROSS) on a collision course with the lunar south pole of the moon. And you can watch it live at 7:30 a.m. ET, for free, at the Newseum.

Before we get all confused with the acronyms (and yes, DC is all about acronyms), here's the gist: NASA's looking for water ice on the moon. So they're sending their satellite up there with a rocket, which will crash into the moon's surface.

There will be loads of moon dust, especially when the LCROSS flies through the debris to collect and send data back to Earth before it too crashes onto the moon. Yeah, NASA is really trying to kick it up out there.

If you've got a 10-to-12-inch diameter telescope, you can even watch the action from home.

Or get over to the Newseum at 555 Pennsylvania Ave., NW. Just RSVP to Maria Furr at [email protected] today, Oct. 5!

http://www.nbcwashington.com/around-town...44642.html

ummm, why do we need water on a moon?

To drink and make fuel.

Wouldn't the heat from the blast melt the ice which would then boil instantly as space is a vacuum? That's what liquids do in a vacuum - spread out into a gas!

Yep, leah... That is what would happen... So i state again... Why are they looking for water on the moon????

Like we don't have enough bombing on earth...we have to bomb the moon. This is really fishy!

Ive noticed that there have been a lot of big earthquackes in a last couple of weeks, more then ten with more then 6.0 magnitute. Is this somehow connetcted to the future event of bombing of Moon?

William Wrote:Yep, leah... That is what would happen... So i state again... Why are they looking for water on the moon????

Recently, there was a show on History ch about space warfare etc. The "Rod from God," was a weapon they proposed as being used. It's an enhanced version of what's being launched into the Moon tomorrow. It could be a test of sorts. I'm puzzled because it's been said there are Illuminati bases up there so why put them at risk possibly? I'm hoping that it's interpreted as a hostile act by anyone else up there watching. That's what they get for the effort. After all, it DOES violate that treaty that space objects like the moon, are for peaceful purposes.

well i watched it and it was extremely cloudy at 730 EST, time 430PST. so i couldnt see sh*t. i had a buddy post videos of it tho on th einternet for viewing. unfortunately it was like i expected. a ball of mild dog sh*t from nasa. i personally think theyre building a base up there, blasting out land. thatd be cool. lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasa prepares to bomb the moon xanthas 4 2,014 06-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Last Post: marting
  NASA moon bombing violates space law & may cause conflict with lunar ET/UFO civilizations xanthas 0 1,643 06-21-2009, 07:23 AM
Last Post: xanthas
  Moon and Venus Converge Friday Night Breaking News 0 904 02-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Breaking News