Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Native Americans recorded supernova explosion?

Interesting, however - I never liked how ancient indian art/stories are so indirect

"Although nearly invisible today, the supernova of 1006, or SN 1006, was perhaps the brightest stellar event ever to occur in recorded human history. At its peak, the supernova was about the quarter the brightness of the moon, so radiant that people could have read by its light at midnight, scientists say."     source

'...the swansong of a star...'  

I rather like the reference.

:smile2:

Quote:I never liked how ancient indian art/stories are so indirect

~ ChromedAngel

What a thought-provoking statement that is...

Aye, you have a point there. Indirectness can be either an aid or an impediment to further understanding; depending upon the mindset of the reader/listener in question.  

However, perhaps an indirect communication does possess the capacity to produce most significant results.  Direction is often lost without the ability to think for oneself.  Indirectness may often be the very catalyst required in order to stimulate growth along the pathway of rediscovery.

Thanks for your comment.

:)

No no, I was equating indian art with abstract art

Deciphering cryptic lines/engravement and unfolding truth from abstract splatterpaint are both solidly different, to me nonetheless

This is what I disliked of the Ex, she loved that Picasso-type work. What's that one famous piece, of the 2D face in the park scene of other individuals resembling characters of molten wax blended into one massive disorder? Meh

Oh, I see.  I have no idea what artwork you refer to here though, ChromedAngel.  I have only once registered anything related to Picasso and that was his exclamation after exiting the Lascaux (sp?) Caves of France:

"We have invented nothing."

On the subject of petroglyphs, I sometimes find our modern interpretations somewhat...inadequate.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Native Americans Reveal Secrets Of Bigfoot Breaking News 1 780 08-09-2014, 03:00 AM
Last Post: Illuminati