Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Numerology and the New Year: 2008 is a One Year!
By Shaun Stanert  

2008 holds the dynamic vitality of the number one!

For those who believe that numbers hold occult power, the number one represents resurgence and a new beginning after emerging from the end of a long cycle.

As 2007, a nine year, faded, its numerical vibration waned and we emerge into a year that holds the numerical significance of a rebirth.

Based on ancient principles, numerology is an ideology that explores the esoteric correlation between numbers, and their influence on humans, objects, and the world around them. According to its arcane doctrines, the number one epitomizes a release from the bonds of the past allied with an intensifying openness to new ideas, concepts and relationships.

The number one's promise of renewal is symbolically suggestive of a metamorphosis.

On the positive side, the number one holds the budding energy of independence, and fosters a strong sense of self-reliance. It also promotes leadership, mastery, self-development, courageousness, inventiveness, assertiveness, self-sufficiency, and emboldens the ability to stand alone.

Under the cosmic ripple of the numeral's metaphysical essence, the belief is that people, alone or in groups, will be driven by unseen divinatory forces to develop pioneering ideas, set trends, sustain a determination to lead, unmask the self-motivated drive to accomplish more, and be willing to embrace an awareness of the oneness with all.

When interpreted by the standards of its highest vibration, the number one pulses with a sense of revival. It fuels spiritual courage and the single-minded focus required to bring novel ideas to fruition. At its core, it taps a universal freshness that instills a desire to tackle original methods while offering the possibility of creatively implementing them unencumbered by self-imposed limitations.

On the negative side, the number one's lowest vibration encompasses the pessimistic potential to influence energies of isolation, egotism, domination, and willfulness. When the collective resonance of the one's more challenging factors converge, it may kindle a disharmonious sense of over confidence and impatience. Thus, under the supernatural command of the one, individuals or groups may struggle to find an ethical equilibrium between their own wants and needs while stepping outside their egoism long enough to consider the circumstances of others.

Still, in its overall symbolic frame of reference, the numerological vibration of 2008 holds the tantalizing promise of growth through change. Therefore, for good or for ill, people or groups will be inspired to blaze new trails, break new ground, and establish precedent. Moreover, any new endeavor such as moving to a new home, starting a new relationship, or taking a new job, has the potential to blossom fully under the philosophical dominion of the number one.

In perspective contrast, 2007 was spellbound by the number nine. The nine holds all the energies inherent in all the numbers. It represents completion of a cycle leading to rebirth and regeneration. It is a number of fulfillment and freedom to move on to new ventures. It typifies a cycle in which people and things have served their purpose, a time of release and letting go. It holds a universal influence. Hence, 2007 owned energies that contained the potential to influence the progress and course of the entire year in a humanitarian way on a global scale.

To determine the symbolic energetic quintessence held within the numerological vibration of a particular year, simply add together all the numbers in the year and continuing adding, until reducing all sums to a single digit, according to the metaphysical laws of numerology and the mystical significance of numbers.

In 2008, the year number is determined by adding together 2+0+0+8 to arrive at ten then further reducing the ten to single digit by adding 1+ 0 to arrive at the total of one.

The distilled number, which in this case is one, holds energies that contain the potential to influence the progress and course of the entire year. The essence of the two and the eight also hold some symbolic energetic capacity. Their individual rule, however, will not be as robust as their sum of one. Still it is important to acknowledge the powers of all the numbers in any year evaluated because every number will have a degree of influence

The number 2 in the year date often embodies the energy of a partnership. It sometimes symbolizes diplomacy. It rouses an awareness and consideration of the needs of others, as well as one's own needs. The number eight often exemplifies the energy of material success and justice.

A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ESSENTIAL ENERGIES WITHIN THE NUMBERS 1 THROUGH 9, AND THE MASTER NUMBERS:

ONE: At one with life, individualism, creativity, leadership, self-development, and independence.

TWO: Pairings, partnerships, putting others first, dynamic duo. Balance with the two comes from the pairing of opposites.

THREE: A trinity of body, mind spirit. Divinity, communication, expansion, optimism, fun, and positive expansion of one's vision.

FOUR: Organization, self-discipline, diligence, productivity, growth through service to others and hard work

FIVE: Entertaining, curiosity, excitement, resourceful, impulsivity, changeable, freedom loving, active in a physical way.

SIX: Harmony, self-satisfaction, compassion, children, balance, community interests, service to others, the arts.

SEVEN: Inner musings, wisdom, a leaning toward ritual, spiritual, contemplation, solicitude.

EIGHT: Material possessions, abundance, authority, leadership, cosmic awareness, self-motivated, prosperity, and infinity.

NINE: A number of completions. It represents and ending and a new beginning, humanitarianism, dedication to others tolerance, and letting go.

MASTER NUMBERS:

Master numbers such as 11, 22, or 33, are not reduced to a single digit, when determining the year number. The master numbers need special consideration as they hold more potential, and a higher vibration than the single digit numbers, according to the tenets of numerology.

Sometimes master number energies can be difficult to harness,and living up to their potential can be overwhelming. It is thought that doing so takes maturity, greater effort, and time. Often the spiritual capacity of only the unreduced, single number is siphoned and the complexity of the absolute master number is never realized.

ELEVEN in its entirety engenders a strong intuitive essence, as well as the essence of spirituality, metaphysical pursuits, clairvoyance, healing, and vision. It is the number of leadership and charisma.

TWENTY-TWO as a whole number represents the master builder. It holds unlimited potential waiting to be released; it is a number of mastery in all pursuits, physical, spiritual, cerebral and emotional. It transforms even the loftiest of dreams into reality. It holds an energy that stimulates people to follow vision with intensive actions.

THIRTY-THREE holds the limitless promise that anything is possible. It represents the teacher. Goals under the influence of this number often benefit the greater good.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article...08_is.html

Neat article!  I'm going to read the positives and negatives listed carefully.  My Life Path number -- which is a One -- also matches the frequency number of this year -- a One.  :D

You go, Sily!  :big grin:

Thanks Polly- - -> [Image: high5.gif]  - - ->  [Image: dance.gif] - - ->  [Image: woot.gif]

(I've been in a good mood lately so I'm just going to milk it for all it's worth)

So far I think this 1 and 1 thing agrees with me.

He he.  You can have your ones and eat them, too, Sily.  I'm over on the number four life path, a few lanes away, but I will be watching.  :big grin:

Polly Wrote:...I'm over on the number four life path, a few lanes away...
I love that  metaphor - I can just see you over there driving your car in lane #4, smiling, wind blowing, hands on the wheel  ...  makes me think of that song -->  Life Is A Highway  :D
[size="5"][size="2"][/size][/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High-functioning autistic five-year-old reportedly showing signs of telepathy Breaking News 0 686 11-18-2015, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Breaking News
  3-YEAR-OLD REMEMBERS PAST LIFE Breaking News 0 860 02-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Breaking News