Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd Animal Behavior
Has anyone noticed any odd odors in the outdoor air or  strange animal behavior?

One thing that I do think is odd is lately there are lots of big cat sightings across the US. Everyday I see a few stories in the news. I’m not talking about house cats either. These are all big cats that are about the size of a large dog.

Richard,

A couple of friends reported to me that they noticed an odd sulphur odor in the last few days that seems to last only briefly. I noticed it as well before these people mentioned it to me. One of my friends noticed it at 2 a.m when she went to check on her horses. We've also noticed our dogs acting  off.We all live 10-15 miles apart in 3 different directions.We all live rurally .

I checked at earthboppin.net and someone did post on 7/10 about smelling sulphur but doesn't say where they are located.

As for the large cats yes, I have read some reports. I know for a fact, due to having friends in animal rescue, that many people purchase lynx,bobcats and other larger types of exotic cats for pets or to breed with domestic type cats. Usually they want to sell the kittens as a specialty breed for $$$.Domestic cats in my opinion are barely domesticated. Why people think an exotic wild type cat will be easily managable is beyond me  When they discover they can't  or don't care to handle the exotic cat when it matures they simply turn it loose. People !!
 There are some folks just up the road from here @ 12 miles that has/had lions and over in another part of the county someone has/had cougars. One of the cougars escaped  several years back but no one was notified except the sheriff or that area's local police department. I happened to look out the kitchen window one morning after getting the kids off to school etc. and coming down the hill on a footpath, bordering my property was a cougar:shock:. I figured he was headed toward the river  for water as it was late summer . Upon calling the sheriff I was told he was an escaped pet.  

Big cats are also seen regularly in & around the Blue Mountains near Sydney .

no. i work in the mountain wilds of canada and outside all day and i encounter a fair number of different wild animals. i have noticed nothing out of the ordinary. i also work some domestic animals and nothing unusual there. if anything comes up, ill let ya'll know.

Only four things give off that smell that I know of:

rotten eggs
volcanic vents
man-piped natural gas
greys

With the domestic animals being 'off', I vote for the last entry.