Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passers-by stole grandmother's purse as she lay dying in the street after being hit by a car
UK Daily Mail | July 19, 2007
PAUL SIMS

After being knocked to the ground by a car, Audrey Ford lay motionless in the street.

Two men who approached her should have acted as Good Samaritans and tried to help the fatally injured pensioner.

Instead, they stole the 70-year-old grandmother's purse.

Inside was £40 in cash, a house key, her bank cards, a bus pass and, most precious of all, a photograph of her two grandchildren.

Last night, Mrs Ford's son Graham said: 'Sadly, we now live in a world without principles. This simply would never have happened when my mother was young.

'Back then the community cared about one another. Today, all people care about is making a quick buck, regardless.'

Mrs Ford, a widow who lived alone, was returning home after collecting a prescription when she was hit by the car.

The force of the collision sent her sprawling onto the ground and ripped her bags from her grasp.

As she lay motionless on the pavement, two men were captured on CCTV reaching down and picking up

her purse. It was lying in the road just a few feet away. They then fled.

Mr Ford, 48, a married father of two, condemned those responsible and offered a £500 reward for information leading to their capture.

'Instead of helping her, they helped themselves,' he said. 'They chose to ignore her. How low can you stoop?

'The natural reaction of most people would have been to help but the culprits saw it as an opportunity to steal.

'I can't believe that anybody would do something like this - to steal from a dying lady. But this is Britain today. This is our society and we helped create it.'

Mr Ford, who runs a car dealership, moved his mother and family from Leeds to the affluent North Yorkshire spa town of Harrogate 12 years ago after Mrs Ford's husband, Peter, a printer, died.

A close-knit family, they were rarely out of one another's company. Mrs Ford, an only child, had spent most of her life as a housewife proudly raising her family.

She was an independent woman who liked nothing more than going for a walk.

She refused to let anyone do her shopping for her and it was as she made her way back from Harrogate town centre that she was hit crossing a bridge.

'I brought my family to this part of the country for a better life,' her son said.

'Harrogate is perceived as a better place, a decent place to live, but something likes this proves there are bad people everywhere - even the police couldn't believe what had happened to my mum.'

Mr Ford, who has one son at college and another at university, said he had only just started sleeping again since the accident at the end of last month. 'It still hurts knowing that I was not there to help,' he added. 'We had to deal with the initial trauma of hearing about the accident out of the blue and then we heard about this.

'It would have been easier to accept had she died of natural causes. But to know she was robbed as she lay dying is extremely distressing.'

Mr Ford added: 'From what I understand she was two footsteps from the kerb when she was hit by the car.

'The driver apparently didn't see her. I can't do anything about that now, hopefully justice will come there.

'But whoever stole her purse must be caught. I want to name and shame them. If only their families knew what they had done they would be disgusted.'

The Crown Prosecution Service is currently deciding whether to bring charges against the driver of the car which hit Mrs Ford.

Last night, police appealed for witnesses who may have seen the men stealing her purse to come forward.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/society..._dying.htm

This story is disgraceful, but this type of thing is becoming common in the news, no morals or ethics from others, total disregard for other human beings. Yet I know these two men will be caught because that seems to be the other common factor to these types of stories. They will be caught and it will create anger to a community, there will be some BS story to their upbringing, there are too many excuses being made for this type of behavior, we need to go back to old time punishment, they will be convicted, yet put into a protective jail that provides them with all the comforts of home but with a big fence surrounding them.
The other thing is because of their immoral intention they have already began universal law punishment and this is something that no person can escape.

My parents had always taught me not to rush towards someone laying on the street. Especially if it's a senior, if he or she forgot what happened or want money desperately they will sue you.

The story is disgraceful; I don’t know what’s happening to people’s morals and ethics. It’s a dog eat dog world and a lot of people just care about themselves.

GB, I am sure you are not the only one who has the fear of being ‘sued’ in your country it is like a common everyday event over there. The government knows they can only control the people to a certain extent so they make the people control the people, fear of each other, fear of helping an old lady or a child, fear of particular suburbs. Fear is everywhere in the ‘lucky country’, I had a friend tell me the other day who is from the US, the neighbors say G’Day with a smile, yet ring the council for this and that, so they are false and two faced.
We are not up to the extremes you are with our court system but they are trying to rule OZ through new work place contracts that take away the rights of the everyday worker, every country has its system of control.
People have to see through the mask, I remember a few years back my hubby found a wallet, did the right thing took it to the police station the way he found it, they interrogated him and he told them “to get stuffed and he would never do it again”, if you did that over there I am sure jail would be your overnight accommodation?
Fear is programmed into us and we must control it.

The neighbors tried to sue my parents for every bullcrap they come up with. Just a few days ago my parents overheard the next door talking of successfully filing a report of my dad giving his home to my name, so he could get social security benefits. They thought my dad was giving me instructions on what to do to get the house under my name, and then they tried to sue us the next day.

That was two days ago. Today the neighbors are happy because they think the report got through. They're going to fish suddenly. I'm shocked at their behaivor!

Anyways, I want to paint another picture. Several weeks ago they falsely reported that their child's grades suffered because I played loud music. First of all, I don't play loud music. And secondly, the file didn't get through because their other child had good grades.

That was just two of their attempts. If you were to ask God how many times they attepted to sue, he would say Over Five.

The neighbor listened into our conversation everyday so they could sue at any chance they could get. She doesn't work. When the day is over, she would talk with her husband over what she heard. She made sure we could hear them talk.

Can you believe it? My parents don't want to countersue because they can't read, write, or speak English - they are afraid of policies. They are even frantic about the idea that I countersue. If I do countersue, I can't sue them directly.

My neighbors could make anonymous reports at a lower-income center. They don't have to pay to try to sue people! My parents saw them at two lower-income centers. So they did it as many times as they wanted; meanwhile, my dad got high blood pressure and my mom's been having nightmares. They really want to rip this house apart.

GB,
That is terrible, I do not know how you live there, sounds like you need to do a bit of ‘invisible work’ around your home. Yet, people are turning against one another and it causes so much grief and misery in the entire neighborhood and look at how it is affecting your parents. We have a real mixed bag of people in our neighborhood but everyone is courteous and polite, there are a few NQR’s, but they are everywhere. It seems to be so way out of hand in your country – legal action. I really do not know how it could change.

GB, talk outloud with yourself and talk to what ever higher self or the greater You!  Do this even if you have to argue with your self or higher power over this matter.  Do this more then once.  Ask your higher part to figure out the answer for this situation.  Even say you dont know how things will work out for the better.  It does not matter except you being truthful and you want the situation resolved.  Get it out of you.....  Talk it out.........  After a few times when you put the burden "out there" to fix it you will be thru with the situation and it will be taken cared of......  Its really up to you....

;)

Good advice William.

Thanks William. I'll try that...