Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phillip K. Dick
Phillip K. Dick is a well known sci-fi author who wrote the novels and/or short stories that Hollywood films like "Blade Runner" (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep), "Total Recall", and "Screamers" are based on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_K._Dick#VALIS

Later in his life, Dick wrote a novel that some say is autobiographical about contacts with aliens:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VALIS

VALIS stands for, as the link shows, Vast Active Living Intelligence System.

I have no notion of his sanity or lack thereof but I thought the wiki was interesting enough to post the link to in case anyone wanted to read it. Some of his experiences with glossolalia and his alternative reality take that the "Roman Empire never ended":

'. A recurring theme in the Exegesis is Dick's hypothesis that history had been stopped in the 1st century, and that the "Roman Empire never ended." He saw Rome as the pinnacle of materialism, which, after forcing the Gnostics underground 1900 years earlier, had kept the population of the Earth as slaves to worldly possessions. Dick believed that VALIS had contacted him and unnamed others to induce the "impeachment" of Richard M. Nixon, whom Dick believed to be the current Emperor incarnate.'

make it worth the price of admission, even if only as a curiosity.

I think Dick is most likely a case of specific programming run amok. A combination of intense programming and other issues basically fried him. It's not hard to see, in my opinion, when someone has been 'tampered' with as I like to call it. I think his natural talents and deep Earth history (the glossolalia and "Roman Empire" 'vision' are probably just a part of what I call 'bleed' - which is when different realities 'rub' against each other and you get cross-interference between realities or life streams) would make him great Powers asset allocation. :orc6: It's always best to try to take the talented and make them programmed slaves so that the talent works with, rather than against, the programming than to take people without the talent and program it in. (The Beatles and Elvis are other good examples - this is one of the reasons I disagree with the comments about Hollywood stars often being made stars not due to talent but due to who they know and what they will do - I think it's also due to talent factor sometimes. A talented slave is a good slave because the talent can help drive high information social programming functions that less talented people couldn't pull off. )

Dick was a Hollywood writer (by proxy) so it makes sense that he'd be so highly programmed. His mental breakdown, in my view, was part of his programming and aggravations from other factors.

I wonder how many people think I am specifically programmed based on some of my posts.

Revision: I'm not sure where this post belongs. Please move as needed if this is the wrong place.

Links and references:

Dick on IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001140/
references:

Blade Runner
Total Recall
Paycheck
Minority Report
Impostor

I was watching Total Recall last night.  And i noticed in one spot when they were getting on an elevator that the floor number blinked 3 times.  What floor you ask?

Floor 6.....................

Hi, William.

There is compound information in place; information actually in the books and information added by the film makers when they interpret it into cinematic form. I'm not sure which is the origin case here because I never read the book but, in my opinion, it's not a coincidence that 666 is flashed - good eye. (Then again, there's something to be said about the subject who is able to suss out the info.)

Michael Wrote:Blade Runner
Total Recall
Paycheck
Minority Report
Impostor

I know all except the last one. I have Valis but it is still unread.

The movies Total Recall and Paycheck had the most impact on me, probably because they have similar themes. I am not sure if they have anything to do with the books. For some reason I also liked the Screamers movie.

I think this person deserves further investigation, as his book themes appear in movies often.

Kris, we have so much in common.

I "liked" Screamers as well, although all these products are PTB-driven Hollywood programming products. (From "Screamers", Peter Weller is the same guy that was in the 'you are a robot'/NWO mass programming theme-driven movie, "Robocop", and Roy Duprois, his "Screamers" co-star, was in "Le Femme Nikita", the television show on programming, Monarchs and black ops).

I put "liked" in quotes because these likes are reflective of personal programming as much as anything else (for me). Sometimes I think the tastes of a person may be symptomatic of the programming of a person but perhaps that's just paranoid.

The three-eyed, androgonous entities that come up in relationship with Dick need clarification as well. I am not sure if they are real biological entities or just the result of some frequency-keyed computer program. "Agent" Robert Anton Wilson claims to have seen these entities as well, as have I.

I think Dick is a product of heavy Mind Control. Be interesting to see what his hereditary line looks like.

P.S. The "Roman Empire never ended" theme isn't just in Dick. There are other books on alternative realities that say there is one 'split' from our reality where this actually happened. I've wondered at times if Dick may have a lifestream in that reality bleeeding into his memory in this one when he was alive.

There's actually a comic book called "Rex Mundi" (http://www.shrunkenheadstudios.com/rexmundi/) where the whole story is based on an alternative reality stream where the "Holy Roman Empire" still rules the world (to digress). Et Arcadia in Ego is one of the key phrases that comes up in the book and I think you can also see this referenced on the Expansions site in an old pre-site-migration Q&A. (See "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" for references to this phrase and "The Shepherds of Arcadia".)