Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychic seeks message from Steve Irwin
By Hannah Martin

December 24, 2007 07:25am

TERRI Irwin says she is "open" to receiving a message from the spirit of her late husband, Croc Hunter Steve, when an American psychic medium visits Australia Zoo next month.

Mrs Irwin, 43, told The Sunday Mail yesterday she sensed Steve was still with her and had "great faith" that his spirit was still around.

International medium John Edward, who rose to international stardom with his television show Crossing Over, will appear in the Sunshine Coast zoo's Crocoseum on January 5 as part of a summer entertainment program.

Edward claims to use his abilities to connect people with their loved ones who have passed away.

Mrs Irwin said Steve had been a personal friend of Edward for years.

She said it was on his first visit to Australia Zoo, about five years ago, that the psychic medium realised his ability to communicate with animals, a story Mrs Irwin has written about in her recently released book My Steve.

"He's a fair-dinkum bloke. It's been a real privilege to know him," she said of Edward.

"He loves Australia and he's been such a supporter of our family and good friend since we lost Steve.

"I've invited everyone who's a sceptic (to the show on January 5), because you can't leave after seeing what John does without having some appreciation for his work.

"He gives them peace of mind. He has a real gift."

Mrs Irwin said her Christian upbringing meant she had "great faith that once a person dies their spirit is still around".

"I know (Steve's) gone but in some way he is still here. I feel him, I sense him," she said. "And I think that's very nice and comforting.

"Everyone who comes to Australia Zoo also has that sense and it's not creepy . . . it's comforting.

"If Steve had a message for me I would be open to it and if he has a message for all of us, then January 5 (during Edward's show) would be very good for it."

Mrs Irwin said the Summer Down Under program was Edward's idea and aimed to promote animal conservation issues to a broader audience by appealing to people through several performers.

Steve's best mate Wes Mannion has also spoken of a deep connection he still has with Steve.

Mr Mannion said in August he feels Steve is still with him.

"It's just so strong," he said. You make a decision and you just feel someone is there. It's not a weird thing like a pat on the shoulder and a whisper in your ear.

"You just feel them there and you feel as if you're two people rather than one."

Australian Idol pop singer Dean Geyer kicked off the series yesterday with a performance in the Crocoseum, a stadium that Steve designed and built for his live croc feeding shows.

The Crocoseum seats 5000 people and tickets for the John Edward show there cost $90 for adults.

Pop sisters The Veronicas, John Williamson, Steady Eddie, Tripod and Bindi and the Crocmen will also perform in coming weeks.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,229...48,00.html#

I knew the editor who worked with John Edward on his first book, and she said he's really very remarkable and unaffected by his 'fame.' So I hope he is able too tune into to Steve's spirit for Terri. She seems to be a person of remarkable faith and positive energy. Plus her daughter Bindi is just way too cute! What a ball of love and good vibes.

CindyK