Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
The comedian filmed outside Fox News building in New York before being ejected by security guards

ROSE BUCHANAN   Friday 17 October 2014

Russell Brand is at it again. In the latest post on The Trews video channel the comedian-turned-political campaigner unsuccessfully attempts to film outside the Fox News headquarters in New York before being threatened with arrest.

While trying to film, Brand is told to leave by a security official who comes out onto the pavement and asks him: “Do you want to get arrested?”

Scroll down to watch the video

Prior to the confrontation, Mr Brand had begun explaining why he and his camera crew were there.

“Here we are at Fox’s headquarters, all the greats are here - Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity - all the people who refuse to have us on the show.

“Sean Hannity, who booked us and then cancelled us. So we are going to do a Trew special from here, in the heart of the establishment.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNl_1gQqr...g-0_JTYFNw

As Brand starts warming to his theme, the filming is interrupted by security guards who request that the comedian and his cameraman remove themselves from outside the building.

The guard claims, gesturing at the pavement, “You can’t film here, this is private property.”

When Mr Brand questions him, asking who owns the building, the guard responds: “It doesn’t matter, do you want to get arrested?”

Later he enters the lobby of the building, filmed from outside, only to be told by an off-screen employee: “You can’t stay on the property and film anything.”

Brand then asks the incredulous security officials for a tour, saying: “I would love a tour.”

Russell Brand’s Most Controversial Quips
1 of 20
On being strong:
Next
On being strong:On grammar:On manners in England:On junkie v vegetarian:On the future:On sex addiction:On life:On changing the world:On happiness: On drug addiction:On sitcoms: On life motivation:On puberty:On love:On threesomes:On Conservatives:On surfing:On Demi Moore:On success:On family:

He continues: “Can I come up, have a look around, maybe have a look at the studio, touch some stuff, meet some people from The Sean Hannity Show?”

Unsurprisingly, he is not invited up.

He ends the programme by condemning Fox News’ as a “difficult organisation to work with,” adding: “It is very difficult to have true freedom.”

“I think if we were doing proper covert filming we could have got further,” he said from the back of a car later.

His stunt comes as Mr Brand’s non-voting views were recently criticised by Sex Pistol’s frontman John Lydon, who called them “the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard”.

Mr Brand claimed there had been a misunderstanding, despite writing in the New Statesman last year: “I will never vote and I don’t think you should, either.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people...01531.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CIA Torture Report: What Should We Think? Russell Brand The Trews Richard 0 628 12-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Richard
  Bare Minimum Wage: Do You Deserve It? Russell Brand The Trews (E177) Breaking News 1 691 10-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Last Post: William
  Who's More Dangerous, Me Or Fox News? Russell Brand The Trew Breaking News 0 530 09-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Breaking News
  Who Is To Blame For Isis? Russell Brand The Trews Breaking News 0 488 08-23-2014, 07:57 AM
  Russell Brand slams Bill O’Reilly over Ferguson protests Breaking News 0 919 08-17-2014, 02:39 AM