Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saying Goodbye
My grandmother has passed . She would have been 105 later this year. i was holding her hand when she died. She had 9 children , 23 grandchildren,35 great grandchildren, 13 great- grandchildren and 1 great-great- great grandchild.

She was my hero and much loved throughout the state, country and world.

Below is one of her favorite songs. She also liked "Keep On The Sunnyside".

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/sLD85G2jr-o&feature=related&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLD85G2jr...re=related

So sorry to hear that MN. My best to you and your family. Thank you for sharing that song, I really like it to. You should be very honored that you had her with you for so many years. My dad is going to be 95 this year, and he is rapidly going downhill, but I know that he lived a good life and right now, he really wants to go and be with my mom and sister. It is very hard to lose someone you love. Take care.

Sorry for that MN; 105 is uncommon to reach.  My grandma died last year at 99.

a real great-great- great grandchild relation; is very very rare.

People in the USA get at much earlier age children than here in Europe

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother MN. My thoughts are with you. :)

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I know you would have loved her. Everyone did.

My grandmothers death is a testament and celebration of life. I'm privileged to have known her and carry a part of her.It is the end of an era but she will live in my heart forever.

Sorry for your family's loss. Have a good one and blue skies....

You know that my thoughts are with you MN, wow is the only word to describe such a long life, and to have so much love from all of her family, what a true inspiration to humanity. It is hard to say goodbye and yes she will live on through all of you, I wonder if she will pop in and let you know she is there occasionally?

You are blessed MN to know someone like that.

Thank You William. I am truly blessed  . Her funeral drew hundreds of people. People were standing along the walls and out the door. Unrelated grown men and women were sobbing.

Anu...It was a beautiful clear and sunny day.

One thing I wanted to share that was mentioned in her eulogy. My grandmother had 9 children but she buried 3  of those adult children.Her husband died in his early 60's and she outlived 7 of 8 siblings in her birth family. She lived through the Great Depression raising several children .She endured and suffered many ,many hardships in her long life. Still she would tell you there was much happiness and she said at times she found herself "deliriously happy".She is my hero.

MN, you are truly blessed to have shared life with such a wonderful woman, she should have wrote a book on her life story, you must have many shared memories of her story telling, I always love to listen to people with such a wise outlook and tales of times gone by and to remain happy throughout, wow.