Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Australians hung up on cellphones
I thought this story was interesting and I would say it easily applies to Americans too. I see people using cell phones so much that I often joke that they might as well get a phone chip implanted in their head. Experts are now saying that cell phones are more addictive than cigarettes and more hazardous to your health than cigarettes because of the microwave radiation they produce.

From  Yahoo news

They've gone without food or clothing just to make that call: a university survey has found that some Australians are cellphone junkies.

The survey of 2,500 cellphone users by Queensland University of Technology consumer behavior expert Diana James -- a self-described former addict -- showed users judge themselves and others by the type phone they use.

Some of those surveyed were going without food, clothes and university text books and spending the majority of their income to pay phone bills, she said.

"For me I had to stop using it completely before I could use it again responsibly," James said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070202/od_nm/australia_phone_addicts1_dc&printer=1;_ylt=Ag6f30hH1y0GtCzA5GmqAKcZ.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-