Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOE-TALLY PSYCHIC
By SARA LIEBERMAN  

May 20, 2007 -- SOME people think psychics are like all-seeing gods. Others think they're a crock. I'm just scared of them.

I don't want to know what's ahead on life's road. On a lark, I once let a palm reader get all up in my lifeline. She told me a pretty frightening detail about my supposed future - and I still get the willies just thinking about it.

So when I first read KC Miller's pamphlet on "Elemental Identification of the Toes," I had my doubts. I've been going through some serious personal upheaval - relationship troubles, finding a new place to live, financial woes - and the last thing I need is another freaky prediction about what lies ahead.

But as I got deeper into her spiritual brand of foot fetish, I discovered that she's more interested in the present and past - not the future. That, I thought, I could handle.

So I sent some photos of my tootsies to Miller, a reflexologist, life coach and self-proclaimed "toe reader and soul searcher," in Tempe, Ariz., where she's the founder and director of the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts. After Miller "spent some time with my toes" and sent some "blessings" my way, we scheduled a phone reading.

She began with the basics:

"Your feet are your history," she mused. "This is an opportunity to look into your soul - not just the 'sole' of your foot, but the 'soul' of what has happened in your life."

Toe readers claim to derive their insight from the shape and condition of the digits on each foot. Those on the left foot represent the present and internal spirit. On the right, they're symbols of the past and how one relates to others.

And each toe, of course, has its own special significance based on Ayurvedic principles of the elements. The big toe - a k a "Ether" or "Great" toe - is all about destiny. The second toe ("Air") is for communication. The middle ("Fire") is the 'do it or don't do it' toe. The fourth ("Water") monitors relationships. And the pinky ("Earth") stands for trust.

"Do you get headaches and have a stiff upper-neck area?" Miller asked after noticing that my Great toe had a callus surrounded by red and white discoloration.

"Um, yeah, I suppose I do," I answered. Just like every other American who sits in front of a computer all day doing a stressful job.

Needless to say, she didn't have me at hello.

"There's a little callus on your left Earth toe, too, which leads me to believe that you've had a trust issue going on for the last year or so," she continued. "It's almost like you've been obsessing on internal thoughts and not allowing yourself to trust your intuition. I saw that, and figured there was a story there."

Um, yeah. Big story. Now she's more on target.

But still, what woman doesn't have calluses at the start of sandal season? I've broken in about four new pairs of shoes in the last three weeks! Can't they just be blisters?

"Sure, those can be from bad or new shoes," says Miller. "But everything is at least something to have a conversation around. Toe readings are 100 percent metaphoric."

Ah. There it is. She charges a dollar a minute - a typical reading is about $25 for 30 minutes in person, or $45 for a longer phone reading based on photos - for metaphors.

Miller continued to philosophize about my finances, career and personal relationships, and pretty much hit 'em all on the, er, toes. But I'll spare you the details and move on to someone way more interesting - Britney Spears.

(Hey, you walk around barefoot at a gas station, and you're beggin' to have your toes read, girl!)

Miller reads celebrity toes based on paparazzi photos published in tabloid mags. And she's got Spears' number.

"Almost every toe is red and acute, indicating that almost every aspect of her life is out of balance. Especially the fourth [relationship] and fifth [trust] toes - they're not only red, they're forming lumps, which can be viewed as pent-up emotions. The redder the toe, the more the toe is storing stories of frustration, anger or rage. Bless her heart - because it is hurting big time."

Miller, who posts her celebrity readings at toereadingonline.com, may be right. After all Brit's gone through lately, she's gotta be a mess.

Or, she could've just stubbed her toe while returning the bathroom key to the gas station attendant.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05202007/ent...htm?page=0

Omg I attracted this. I was just thinking about feet yesterday! That is so cool.

Anyways what does it mean to have cold itchy feet?

I’m not sure but I know most people say cold feet means you don’t want to do something. Maybe the itchiness means what you don’t want to do is bugging you.

Thanks. I'll keep in mind to observe my thoughts if it happens again.

I see KC Miller has an interesting site on Toe Reading.

http://toereadingonline.com/index.php

Cold feet...warm heart

Cold itchy feet carry the mind-pattern of ‘future fear’; feet represent the every step you take in forward motion, we do not walk backwards! Itchiness is an imbalance of the chakra system, usually the sacral the area where you are absorbing and creating. We say “lets give a WARM welcome” welcoming is a warm interaction because it generally makes you happy. When you scratch or itch, the skin is irritated, once the body shows physical symptoms the intent is deep within.
So those symptoms to me would translate to a ‘cold and nervous’ welcome of tomorrow.
Feet are very important and should always be taken care of, pedicures, good shoes, manicured toe nails, dry skin.

Thanks.