Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apocalypse Is Coming... Pass the Popcorn
by Switched Staff — Aug 14th 2009 at 3:12PM

Hollywood, it seems, has it in for us. Beginning with the alien-invasion flick 'District 9' (in theaters now), this movie season is chock-full of earth- and earthling-shattering epics. From angry E.T.s and brain-eating zombies to Mayan doomsday prophecies, we're in for a hurtin' for certain, thanks to those bozos. Highfalutin' theories abound as to why all the apocalypse, and why now. The Guardian says it's a reaction to changing times; the Wall Street Journal suggests post-9/11 cultural anxiety and the financial crisis. But nuts to that. We just want to know how to survive when the sh#t goes down.

With that in mind, Switched took a look at what flavors of doom await us on the big screen, and the likelihood of our making it through, should things really go south. Our only other piece of advice? When in doubt, destroy the brain. Always destroy the brain.

Read the rest here.
http://www.switched.com/2009/08/14/the-a...he-popcorn

People want to destruction, and always a hero, why did Arnie have to become a politician! The reality is that people want to watch the ‘movie’ the fable of life, and so much truth is rolled into these movies but people see it as fiction and drama, and it does not provide anyone the advantage of knowing what to do when/if it happens. We might be considered the most intelligent species on this planet, but I do not see any other species that destroys their environment the way we do. Sorry about the negativity…

AJ,
That was a good observation and also we are the most savage and cunning walking the face of the planet too.
Rather sad,for one would have thought by  now the human race would have shown signs of becoming more refined in its behavior to one another and its environment.
Reminds me of the Matrix trilogy where Smith states (paraphrasing)' The humans are like a virus,they move into one area consume and destroy everything and then move on to another.'
 IMO,our issues are driven by deep fear ,mistrust and the resistance to explore beyond the known frontiers of reality.
The movies depict this always.

Ah yes, truthful words from Mr. Smith, movies have such an impact on people, they provide us with insight and entertainment, and we can continue to ‘blame’ the illuminati for everything, and at the end of the day, no other species abuses its own kind like us, sometimes I look at this world and I am totally disgusted at what people do to animals and children, the cruelty is so unfathomable in my mind. When the majority of forests, fauna and waterways have been cleared/destroyed, then the apocalypse will be here in full force, and there will be no hero or saving it.