Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Secret movie on Oprah air date February 8th & 16th
A date has been announced for the airing of The Secret movie and teachers on the Oprah show. It is scheduled for February 8 in the United States and will include the following teachers: Michael Beckwith, Jack Canfield, Lisa Nichols, James Ray and Rhonda Byrne, Executive Producer of The Secret movie.

http://www.oprah.com/spiritself/slide/20..._101.jhtml

It will be interesting to know what is said and how Oprah interviews these people, you will have to tell us Richard what is said on the show.

I’ve never seen any interviews with these people before, so it should be interesting. Hopefully it is presented in the right way. That way it can help millions of people. icon_smile

I watched the Oprah show today and thought it was very good. The show should help millions of people become more aware how this reality works. :)

I missed it. :/

Do you know of any way I could watch it? I am interested in what more they have to say about the Laws of Attraction and perhaps in getting more out of it.

Hi All..I am also very interested in The Secret I saw the video for $4.95 online with family & we all got alot out of it...mostly motivation to clean up our mind patterns and work with each other on "our IDEAL life" . Here's what I got when searching Google video ..there are interview on Google video here'swhat I came up with.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwVeZA9fxbE

GB, I imagine they’ll show repeats of the show. Also millions of people recorded it and I’m guessing it will make its way to the net too. ;)

RB, thanks for the link. That was an interesting video. :)

Even though I believe the Secret can help us get what we desire, (I mean Jane Roberts talks about this stuff in her books during the 60s and 70s) I’m mainly concerned about the general presentation of this documentary.

Here we have eminent individuals from all over the New Age (New World Religion) movement: Kabbalists, Philosophers, Gurus who seem to never be hesitant of telling people how to live their lives. And since they are promoting everything that a person desires: money, car, house, good job, ideal partner, this will encourage the people to follow and worship these Gurus and do what they say without “question”.

Imagine if Oprah presented a member of the Rockerfeller family on the show as an example of The Secret. A multi-billionaire who “knew how it all worked”. People will worship this guy unaware of his fascist involvements in murder and globalisation. “He knows the Secret, he must be a great guy!!”.

I believe there is a reason why the Secret is promoted prime time. Again this could be another way of the Illuminati saying: “Heres some truth, don’t tell us we never told you. The truth never hid itself from you. It is always under our noses."

But it’s the way we interpret this knowledge is what makes the difference. And our perception of this knowledge can be easily distorted by our pursuit of materialistic gain at the price of sacrificing self-understanding.

But how long will the influence of The Secret last in the psyche of the masses? Well nothing ever seems to last in pop culture. People’s attention spans are too short. Pop culture will tell people what to talk about, what to think about and what to buy in this moment. And whenever pop culture tells the public to stop (so that they can introduce and sell a new product/idea) the public always responds. And what the public bought and hyped all about earlier is forgotten.

Personally, I believe that the Law Of Attraction is be better understood if we choose to 'understand our desires' and how our desires 'came to be' other than just be consumed by them.

It all come back to “know thy self”. You are the greatest teacher you know and you are the most facinating person you know (as Janet would say)

And i believe there is a reason why this significant component is not being taught in the Secret.

[size="3"][color="blue"]Well said!  this has been irking me all week for the same reasons..Many of us have pursued these teachings in the New Age movement leading to great discouragement and frustration. The most important steps..the deprogramming & release work and forgiveness were missing . The difference when directing everything up to Oversoul & God is awesome . That's the real "secret".
[/color][/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video The Secret Law Of Attraction FULL MOVIE Breaking News 1 851 01-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Last Post: rskiller
  Oprah Interviews Abraham-Hicks Richard 0 1,561 03-31-2007, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Richard